Why become a member? ×

Apparent Lack of Bass Exclusive Events

I've done the guitar shows over the last few years, and the bass presence (if at all) is token. 

Am I missing something? I can't believe that there are so few Bass guitar gatherings and events, swap-shops, jams.

There must surely be a host of smaller bass specific events; can anybody help please?

I am in the East Midlands.

Thankyou

6 minutes ago, Blues Rock Dawn said:

I've done the guitar shows over the last few years, and the bass presence (if at all) is token. 

Am I missing something? I can't believe that there are so few Bass guitar gatherings and events, swap-shops, jams.

There must surely be a host of smaller bass specific events; can anybody help please?

I am in the East Midlands.

Thankyou

Hello, so am I. I can possibly help you out with the jams. where are you approximately? 

The midlands bass bash has been in Nottingham last year but was previously in Doveridges and Leicester  

• Like 1

Thank you. I did see this, but what is a bass bash? I also read NW and immediately thought too far, then Clapham (only knew of London). I think this is still too far, but if I can know what a bass bash is, I can put one one at the perfect venue where I live.

• Like 1

Just now, Blues Rock Dawn said:

Thank you. I did see this, but what is a bass bash? I also read NW and immediately thought too far, then Clapham (only knew of London). I think this is still too far, but if I can know what a bass bash is, I can put one one at the perfect venue where I live.

I'll message you.

4 minutes ago, Blues Rock Dawn said:

Basically someone brings food, everyone a selection of their bass gear, amps, and you chat and try each others things. Raffle, sometimes also

sometimes builders and Luthiers attend also and sometimes there are demonstrations 

generally 20-30 people in a village hall

Edited by Geek99
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Blues Rock Dawn said:

I am a Nottingham lady

I used to be (though not the lady part) 

if you’re on Facebook I recommend you join this group https://www.facebook.com/share/r3fWbWP4RPyuTCQU/?mibextid=K35XfP

the one I go to is in Ashby on m42. It is raucous and organic. Literally anything can happen 

next is feb8th 

Edited by Geek99

1 minute ago, Geek99 said:

Basically someone brings food, a selection of their bass gear, amps, and you char and try each others things. Raffle, sometimes

sometimes builders and Luthiers attend also and sometimes there are demonstrations 

generally 20-30 people in a village hall

I can do a bigger event than that. The hall I can use has a 100 capacity, there is a free car park and it is a lovely friendly pub with food etc. There is a stage and I have all my own PA and backline + drums, strat guitar, 2x4-string and 1x5-string bass guitars

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Blues Rock Dawn said:

I can do a bigger event than that. The hall I can use has a 100 capacity, there is a free car park and it is a lovely friendly pub with food etc. There is a stage and I have all my own PA and backline + drums, strat guitar, 2x4-string and 1x5-string bass guitars

🤮

7 minutes ago, Blues Rock Dawn said:

I think we found our organiser @petecarlton @Frank Blank

👍

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Blues Rock Dawn said:

I'd be very surprised if you haven't just volunteered and been appointed convenor of your very own bass bash. Have at it. They usually get arranged several months ahead by my casual observation.

• Like 1

The SW Bass Bash in Taunton has been running for several years. Again it's a village hall but quite sizeable and with side rooms. We've had Luthiers and small manufacturers on display and I've run amp and speaker shootouts but the main event* is everybody setting up their favourite gear and people getting the chance to try things. It's wonderfully noisy and cheerful and reaffirms your faith in humanity. You can track all this in the Events section of BC.

*Actually the main event is the magnificent buffet lunch, but the SW has Mrs Scrumpy and you won't 😁

• Like 2

There are at least three bass bashes which occur with regularity.  I do lament the passing of the Moffat bash, but I appreciate that it's a hell of an undertaking, especially when you make it a weekender, with hotel deals to negotiate and whatnot.  If I've not said it before, I would like to thank every single person who helps organise bass bashes so that lazy buggers like me can simply rock up and enjoy - they don't happen by accident.

I toyed with the idea of organising a bash up here, but who's going to travel all the way to Aberdeen?  You'd need multiple people crazy enough like me to travel the length of the country.  It was my choice to live in the arse end of nowhere, I don't have to inflict that on others :)

• Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Slick Bass said:

Hi Phil,

is there a SW Bash happening this year? I can’t see anything in the events section at all (apart from Stingray Pete’s wedding anniversary reminder - Don’t forget Pete 😉

Yep, 13th of October. Get it in your diary now!

• Thanks 1