Which amp to keep?

ReeV0

Which one to keep?  

19 members have voted

1. 1. Which one to keep?

• EBS Reidmar 750
    • Genz Benz Streamliner 900

Hi guys and gals,

I currently have two amps in my possession but only wish to keep one. Trouble is I'm really struggling to decide which one as I like them both.

I play genres like RHCP and RATM, fairly aggressive with lots of punch and a touch of overdrive. I feel the EBS does a slightly better job of this and also sounds louder, but I could be imagining it (they both use similar ICEpower systems). The EBS also has more EQ options, such as a HPF and contour switch. But they both sound great!

Which would you keep?

20240105_105820.thumb.jpg.a4134b35dac15f084416e2465975f941.jpg

2 minutes ago, neepheid said:

You haven't told us why you're selling one, could be important info...

I just have no need for two amps, so I'd rather get back some cash and free up some space. Resale value isn't much of a concern.

OK, left of field reasoning then:

750W is a lot easier to handle in a two cab situation than 900W - only having to handle 375W each opens up a lot more cab possibilities versus 450W each.

The Reidmar is black like your cab, matches better than the Genz Benz.

ergo, keep the Reidmar.

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, neepheid said:

OK, left of field reasoning then:

750W is a lot easier to handle in a two cab situation than 900W - only having to handle 375W each opens up a lot more cab possibilities versus 450W each.

The Reidmar is black like your cab, matches better than the Genz Benz.

ergo, keep the Reidmar.

Love the reasoning. Though I believe they're round about the same power output (ICEpower 250ASX vs 700ASC)

Edited by ReeV0

Keep them both. You'll always need a spare amp than a spare bass. I've never owned either but I have an EBS TD650 and HD350, I've owned a Genzler. All are excellent amps so if sh!t happens and one goes wrong, you'll still have a good amp. 

• Like 1

Depends if you're ever likely to get a narrower cab. If so, keep the Streamliner to save amp overhang. Otherwise keep the Reidmar.

Full disclosure - I've never played through a Streamliner and only played through a Reidmar as part of a very hi-fi rig, which isn't exactly what you're looking for. Perhaps you should sell them both and get a Tecamp Puma 900.

21 minutes ago, tauzero said:

Depends if you're ever likely to get a narrower cab. If so, keep the Streamliner to save amp overhang. Otherwise keep the Reidmar.

Full disclosure - I've never played through a Streamliner and only played through a Reidmar as part of a very hi-fi rig, which isn't exactly what you're looking for. Perhaps you should sell them both and get a Tecamp Puma 900.

I had an Eich T900 and prefer the Reidmar tbh

I believe there is a preset high pass filter in the Streamliner. With the tube preamp it can cover a lot of ground.
It’s a great amp.

I did send mine off to agedhorse for a checkup. I felt it was well worth investing in.

• Like 1

On 05/01/2024 at 12:20, ReeV0 said:

Resale value isn't much of a concern.

Given that they are not SVT sized lumps and you aren't bothered about the money, I'd keep both. Always handy to have a spare tucked away.

• Like 1