Why become a member? ×

New bass - Torzal

BCH

2 hours ago, Lord Summerisle said:

My thinking is that the bridge end doesn’t need to be angled at all, the way it is on this bass looks like it would add discomfort compared to a normal flat bridge. I get the thinking behind the nut end’s angle though.

Unfortunately I have pain in both wrists, so the bridge +10* relief has solved my prob' allowing a flattish plucking hand. ( the neck is -25*) Jerome, also builds a bass with the neck twist only...he is also adding one of the 25* necks to a Ibanez GSR200

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, BCH said:

Unfortunately I have pain in both wrists, so the bridge +10* relief has solved my prob' allowing a flattish plucking hand. ( the neck is -25*) Jerome, also builds a bass with the neck twist only...he is also adding one of the 25* necks to a Ibanez GSR200

Does he make necks separately then? Seems that would be an easier way to get one, although why put a neck on a very budget ibanez?

40 minutes ago, Woodinblack said:

Does he make necks separately then? Seems that would be an easier way to get one, although why put a neck on a very budget ibanez?

I won't have a bad word said against the Ibanez GSR200. I have one and it's amazing. Light as a feather, punch electronics, looks great, and if it got nicked at a gig I'd buy another with the money I just earned. In fact, my expensive basses have strings that cost more than this bass. 

• Like 2

I would love one, if only for the consternation it's going to cause many people, players or not, when they see it. Plus the utter BS stories I's be able to tell about how the neck got that way, and why.

Enjoy your new bass and have fun playing it. Love the colour too.

Edited by crazycloud

19 hours ago, Lfalex v1.1 said:

Lovely things. But eye-wateringly expensive once you start adding options. 

I hit about $11,000 before shipping, import duty and VAT...

Fortunately,  I have (as yet!) no need of such an instrument,  so if I had that kind of disposable income...

Crikey. What couldn't I get?

It is , but, as I get older and physical issues stop me playing I have decided to invest in fixes (spine, shoulder & wrists) to pay off is; all the benefits of performing with my mates....long may it continue 

• Like 3

On 26/12/2023 at 14:26, Lfalex v1.1 said:

Lovely things. But eye-wateringly expensive once you start adding options. 

I hit about $11,000 before shipping, import duty and VAT...

It says that there's a 20% surcharge on the base model if you have one of the non-asterisked options, plus the charge for the option itself. Does that mean an extra 20% for every non-asterisked option? Plus there's no mention of what the base model pickups and electronics are. At somewhere north of $10k for a headless 5er, I think I'll pass.