Why become a member? ×

NW Bass Bash 2024 - Sat May 18th

rwillett

1 hour ago, Richard R said:

This is going to be awesome!

Have a great time guys!!

We can write you a sick note, a police arrest report, doctors appointment or any other docs you need to come. 

1 hour ago, rwillett said:

We can write you a sick note, a police arrest report, doctors appointment or any other docs you need to come. 

Or just kidnap you (in a loving and caring way).

Aw shucks! Thanks guys!

200w.gif.bc5bd8ea71089d24f302c688c1cc292f.gif

The works bash has moved to Friday, with optional stay over on Manchester that night. Which would work very well, except that I am now working away most of the week beforehand,  so another day away probably would not go down well. 

12 minutes ago, GreeneKing said:

I’m not sure how I do that…..

I got you.

@Frank Blank - Jabba short scales, fretted and fretless, Ibanez SRC6, QSC K12.2, Grace Design preamp.

@rwillett - Ibanez short scale, Fender Jazz bass, Fender Mustang bass, Telecaster, Westone six string, 3d printed guitar, small practise bass amp, small practise guitar amp, Mod Dwarf, various guitar/USB interfaces and quite a lot of software and a fair few laptops as required. I live next door  Probably cake as well.

@ossyrocks- '73 P bass, '73 J bass, '78 P bass, '87 MIJ P Bass, Fender Bassman 50 (rebuilt from the ground up by Gartone), Bergantino Forte D, TE Elf, Barefaced Super Compact and One10, Fender Rumble 100.

@sifi2112 - Vigier Excess 4, Mas26 (x2) sfx D3 preamp Koch ATR4502 poweramp 

@neepheid - Some and hopefully all of Epiphone Jack Casady, G&L L-1000, Epiphone Les Paul Standard, G&L Tribute LB-100, Sire D5, Reverend Triad, Yamaha BB1200, Harley Benton HB-50, Soloking MJ-1, Epiphone Explorer, Markbass Mini CMD 121P IV, Markbass NY 121 cab

@ead - ACG SLG 32" 4-string; "Lee Sklar bass"; Ibanez Grooveline GS104; Yamaha Attitude Special; SBMM Pete Wentz Stingray sig bass; practice amp (with headphones)

@Muzz Three or four various Shukers, Dingwall ABZ4, modded BB414, modded Rumble 100, modded Westone Quantum, Helix Stomp, possibly Walkabout and BF cabs if I've got enough room in the car...

@peterjam - ACG J-Type 4-string (0096), ACG Finn Fretless 4-string (0122), ACG Harlot 6-string (0240), ESP Ltd B-208FM 8-string, Michael Kelly Firefly 4-string acoustic,  Chapman Grand Stick 10-string (deep matched reciprocal tuning), Ashbory Mk2 4-string, Phil Jones Bass BG-110 Bass Cub Combo ... and cake.

@GreeneKing - ACG B Retro 5 35”, two Zoot Funkmeisters both 32” scale, one a P with a Noll preamp and the other a J with a John East Uni Pre 5 knob, Cort Elrick NSJ5 35” with Noll preamp, Eich T900, Accugroove Tri 112, pedalboard (?)

• Like 2

I have a spare Comfort Strapp (Extra Long, 42"-54", adjusts both ends) lying about here. The holes have been opened out on order to accommodate Dunlop Strap Lock pins. It's free to a good home - I'll bring it with me on the 18th. 🙂

• Like 2

18 hours ago, neepheid said:

I got you.

@Frank Blank - Jabba short scales, fretted and fretless, Ibanez SRC6, QSC K12.2, Grace Design preamp.

@rwillett - Ibanez short scale, Fender Jazz bass, Fender Mustang bass, Telecaster, Westone six string, 3d printed guitar, small practise bass amp, small practise guitar amp, Mod Dwarf, various guitar/USB interfaces and quite a lot of software and a fair few laptops as required. I live next door  Probably cake as well.

@ossyrocks- '73 P bass, '73 J bass, '78 P bass, '87 MIJ P Bass, Fender Bassman 50 (rebuilt from the ground up by Gartone), Bergantino Forte D, TE Elf, Barefaced Super Compact and One10, Fender Rumble 100.

@sifi2112 - Vigier Excess 4, Mas26 (x2) sfx D3 preamp Koch ATR4502 poweramp 

@neepheid - Some and hopefully all of Epiphone Jack Casady, G&L L-1000, Epiphone Les Paul Standard, G&L Tribute LB-100, Sire D5, Reverend Triad, Yamaha BB1200, Harley Benton HB-50, Soloking MJ-1, Epiphone Explorer, Markbass Mini CMD 121P IV, Markbass NY 121 cab

@ead - ACG SLG 32" 4-string; "Lee Sklar bass"; Ibanez Grooveline GS104; Yamaha Attitude Special; SBMM Pete Wentz Stingray sig bass; practice amp (with headphones)

@Muzz Three or four various Shukers, Dingwall ABZ4, modded BB414, modded Rumble 100, modded Westone Quantum, Helix Stomp, possibly Walkabout and BF cabs if I've got enough room in the car...

@peterjam - ACG J-Type 4-string (0096), ACG Finn Fretless 4-string (0122), ACG Harlot 6-string (0240), ESP Ltd B-208FM 8-string, Michael Kelly Firefly 4-string acoustic,  Chapman Grand Stick 10-string (deep matched reciprocal tuning), Ashbory Mk2 4-string, Phil Jones Bass BG-110 Bass Cub Combo ... and cake.

@GreeneKing - ACG B Retro 5 35”, two Zoot Funkmeisters both 32” scale, one a P with a Noll preamp and the other a J with a John East Uni Pre 5 knob, Cort Elrick NSJ5 35” with Noll preamp, Eich T900, Accugroove Tri 112, pedalboard (?)

Thank you. 🙏 

On 12/12/2023 at 11:55, rwillett said:

Dear all,

Putting this in and hoping the mods will pin it.

Looking to get people together for a NW (and Scottish) bass bash in Clapham, North Yorkshire sometime in May 2024, probably Sat May 11th. 18th (note that this has changed)

A number of people live a little north of London and even stuff in the Midlands is a pretty big schlep, so I thought we could get together for a day to playing bass somewhere closer for us.

The Clapham in question here, is NOT the one in South London, it doesn't have eye watering house prices, you can't go cottaging on the Common, you also can't buy Tofu in the local shop (actually you can but that's no fun). This Clapham is in North Yorkhire on the borders of Lancashire, Cumbria and North Yorkshire.

See here for more details https://claphamyorkshire.co.uk/

The village hall is community run and we can get it for a day in May, provissionally booked for Sat May 18th 2024 (please note, changed from 11th). It has 1Gb internet access so you aren't out of touch even for a day.

https://claphamyorkshire.co.uk/locals/clapham-village-hall/ <<- This is the right one :)

Clapham is 22 mins off the M6, 35 mins from Skipton, 45 mins from Lancaster and 40 mins from Kendal. It does have a train station and if anybody would like to come by train, we can arrange a free pickup. There is no taxi service there so don't even think about it.

My company will <ahem> sponsor the day so there is no cost to people. I'll see if I can persuade my kids to do teas and coffees.  There is a decent kitchen, but also we do have two excellent pizza joints nearby. My daughter works in one and so we may be able to get a deal,

I am happy to organise and sort things out, however I have never organised a bass bash so if people have ideas of what they want to see, do and have, speak out. If you assume anything, it will not happen, so speak out.

I'll check on what days in May are available. The committee is putting this all online so it's not live yet. I'll speak to them and get some dates.

I'll happily bring my kit along for people to use, I'm not precious about it. So there will be an Fender Jazz bass, a Fender Mustang bass, an Ibanez Mikiro bass, a couple of six string electric, including my 3d printed electric. I *may* have completed a 3d printed bass by then as well, a small Ampeg 30W practise amp and quite a few extension cables. I can also bring a few laptops and ipads as well. The wifi is free.

Can I get some expressions of interest please and also some thoughts on what to do on the day.

Thanks

Rob

People who have expressed an interest (understand that this is not a commitment)

@rwillett - Yes

@Desbass

@vsmith1

@ossyrocks - Yes

@neepheid - Yes

@ead- Yes

@Frank Blank - Yes

@sifi2112 - Yes

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
4 minutes ago, ossyrocks said:

If anyone local is wondering what you could do tonight, my new band is playing tonight in Lancaster. First time we've done two full sets.

Rob

Railway club.jpg

Bit of a trek for me, appreciate the free entry though.  Closer people - you've got no excuse - free entry FFS.  Get off your butts! :D

3 minutes ago, rwillett said:

Let me have a chat with Mission Control. Would love to come.

Is this at the old railway station on the sea front?

Rob

No Rob, it's in Lancaster. Parking is limited at the club, but there's on street parking around and about. 

Lancaster Railway Club, Morecambe Rd, Lancaster LA1 2RX.

Nearest pay and display would be Cable St - Cable St, Lancaster LA1 1HD

2 minutes ago, rwillett said:

Ah, good job I asked. Still need to ask Zoe, but shes in York for the day.

Will love to come though.

Thanks

Rob

Don't sweat it, it's a warm up gig for The Ribble Valley Jazz & Blues Festival. We're playing twice on Sunday 5th. So that one would be a better "day out" for you.

Rob