Why become a member? ×

NW Bass Bash 2024 - Sat May 18th

rwillett

Yep. Does anyone have any contacts with various shops such as Promenade Music that might be interested in coming along. 

I can definitely offer cake now 😊

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Frank Blank said:

Excellent! Was just about to check this was still going ahead, is it definite enough that I can book a hotel?

Definite enough that I can offer you a free room....

• Like 1

Just checked and the village hall is booked for this for the day. We have the whole hall. Whether we have enough people to fill it, thats adifferent story :)

Rob

• Like 1

4 hours ago, rwillett said:

Just checked and the village hall is booked for this for the day. We have the whole hall. Whether we have enough people to fill it, thats adifferent story :)

Splendid. It'll be cool if there's four of us!

Depends on the time of the works event. The M6 is 20 mins away and from there, the world is your oyster. Going the opther way is painful as the road to the M1 is slow and has lots of tractors in the way.

Failing that, I can write you a sick note.

Rob

23 minutes ago, Richard R said:

I have a works event that Saturday,  which is most annoying. I would MUCH rather be eating cake and talking bases.

I wonder if/how I can get out of the works thing.... 🤔

Throw a sickie, it's a British tradition, almost a right.

I've just spotted this - definitely interested. I'm based in Dumfries, (just over the border), so you're only about 100 miles away from me. I have a couple of ACGs, and ESP 8-string, a Michael Kelly acoustic and a Chapman Stick which I'd be more than happy to bring along. I've been to a few of the Moffat Bass Bashes, as organised by Alan Cringean and the splendid Dave Perry, and they're always a great day out.

I'll have a hunt through the thread, but what's the start/finish time for this event, please?

2024-01-12 ACG Family 2.jpg

Michael Kelly Firefly Acoustic Bass.jpg

Rory 3.jpg

• Like 2

@peterjam

You are most welcome. We haven't set a start time or an end time. We have the village hall for the whole day and from the previous evening (Fri) if we want it.

Mentally I have a 10:00 to circa 17:00 timescale for the day, but there's nothing to stop people turning up at 07:00 and leaving at 20:00. We will need to be a little sensitive with noise after around 18:00 though as I have no idea what the sound proofing is like in the hall, suspect it's minimal :)

I live 50m from the hall, and will have keys so if people want to arrive early, its no big deal. That's the village hall on the left from my office window ....

IMG_2282.thumb.jpeg.3790aeac0b6c965b7c83062ada8015f7.jpeg

Clapham is not a bustling metropolis with five sushi cafes within walking distance, we have a pub, a community run village shop and a cafe and thats it. We do have 10m sheep and fabulous views of the dals though.

If people wanted to, we can arrange an evening of pizzas and playing, there are a few very good pizza joints a few miles away. Settle has options for more takeaways and is seven miles away.

Thanks

Rob

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, rwillett said:

@peterjam

You are most welcome. We haven't set a start time or an end time. We have the village hall for the whole day and from the previous evening (Fri) if we want it.

Mentally I have a 10:00 to circa 17:00 timescale for the day, but there's nothing to stop people turning up at 07:00 and leaving at 20:00. We will need to be a little sensitive with noise after around 18:00 though as I have no idea what the sound proofing is like in the hall, suspect it's minimal :)

I live 50m from the hall, and will have keys so if people want to arrive early, its no big deal. That's the village hall on the left from my office window ....

IMG_2282.thumb.jpeg.3790aeac0b6c965b7c83062ada8015f7.jpeg

Clapham is not a bustling metropolis with five sushi cafes within walking distance, we have a pub, a community run village shop and a cafe and thats it. We do have 10m sheep and fabulous views of the dals though.

If people wanted to, we can arrange an evening of pizzas and playing, there are a few very good pizza joints a few miles away. Settle has options for more takeaways and is seven miles away.

Thanks

Rob

Thanks for this, Rob. I'll post a list of gear when I get five minutes. :)

@Frank Blank - Jabba short scales, fretted and fretless, Ibanez SRC6, QSC K12.2, Grace Design preamp.

@rwillett - Ibanez short scale, Fender Jazz bass, Fender Mustang bass, Telecaster, Westone six string, 3d printed guitar, small practise bass amp, small practise guitar amp, Mod Dwarf, various guitar/USB interfaces and quite a lot of software and a fair few laptops as required. I live next door  Probably cake as well.

@ossyrocks- '73 P bass, '73 J bass, '78 P bass, '87 MIJ P Bass, Fender Bassman 50 (rebuilt from the ground up by Gartone), Bergantino Forte D, TE Elf, Barefaced Super Compact and One10, Fender Rumble 100.

@sifi2112 Vigier Excess 4, Mas26 (x2) sfx D3 preamp Koch ATR4502 poweramp 

@neepheid - Some and hopefully all of Epiphone Jack Casady, G&L L-1000, Epiphone Les Paul Standard, G&L Tribute LB-100, Sire D5, Reverend Triad, Yamaha BB1200, Harley Benton HB-50, Soloking MJ-1, Epiphone Explorer, Markbass Mini CMD 121P IV, Markbass NY 121 cab

@ead - ACG SLG 32" 4-string; "Lee Sklar bass"; Ibanez Grooveline GS104; Yamaha Attitude Special; SBMM Pete Wentz Stingray sig bass; practice amp (with headphones)

@Muzz Three or four various Shukers, Dingwall ABZ4, modded BB414, modded Rumble 100, modded Westone Quantum, Helix Stomp, possibly Walkabout and BF cabs if I've got enough room in the car...

@peterjam - ACG J-Type 4-string (0096), ACG Finn Fretless 4-string (0122), ACG Harlot 6-string (0240), ESP Ltd B-208FM 8-string, Michael Kelly Firefly 4-string acoustic,  Chapman Grand Stick 10-string (deep matched reciprocal tuning), Ashbory Mk2 4-string, Phil Jones Bass BG-110 Bass Cub Combo ... and cake.

• Like 2

On 19/03/2024 at 10:21, rwillett said:

We do have 10m sheep and fabulous views of the dals though.

That's big sheep. Chana and tarka dals I assume? Any others..?

On 19/03/2024 at 10:21, rwillett said:

...we have a pub, a community run village shop and a cafe and thats it.

That sounds perfect, hopefully they do take out coffee at the cafe?

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Frank Blank said:

That's big sheep. Chana and tarka dals I assume? Any others..?

That sounds perfect, hopefully they do take out coffee at the cafe?

<sigh>

Yes they do take away coffee, I also have a proper coffee machine. We lived in London for 30 years and so good coffee was a necessity for us :) We had to sell one of the kids to buy the machine, but it was worth it, I'm sure shes very happy where ever she is

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, ead said:

I think I may need to amend my offerings slightly.  More ACGs so all good :)

If you wish to offer a few ACG's to me as a religous observance, that's absolutely fine by me. I take all denominations.

• Haha 1

I hope to bring along my ACG B Retro 5, 35”, two Zoot Funkmeisters both 32” scale, one a P with a Noll preamp and the other a J with a John East Uni Pre 5 knob. Finally my Cort Elrick NSJ5 35” with a Noll preamp installed. 
Amp and cab - Eich T900 with a single Accugroove Tri 112. 
Maybe a pedal board of delights. 
It all needs to fit into a Yaris. 
I seem to be lagging behind in the gear stakes 😄

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, GreeneKing said:

I hope to bring along my ACG B Retro 5, 35”, two Zoot Funkmeisters both 32” scale, one a P with a Noll preamp and the other a J with a John East Uni Pre 5 knob. Finally my Cort Elrick NSJ5 35” with a Noll preamp installed. 
Amp and cab - Eich T900 with a single Accugroove Tri 112. 
Maybe a pedal board of delights. 
It all needs to fit into a Yaris. 
I seem to be lagging behind in the gear stakes 😄

I was up in Kendal today trying to buy some rugby boots, failed miserably unless I wanted white (WHITE!!!) boots. You might be the closest person to Clapham (apart from me). Let me know if you need any help. We go to Kendal regularly, so happy to pick up a few basses in advance. You might even get them back :)

Please add yourself to the list.

• Like 1