Why become a member? ×

NW Bass Bash 2024 - Sat May 18th

rwillett

19 minutes ago, ossyrocks said:

I am partial to a bacon butty, crispy smoked streaky and real butter being the ideal. Just call me Hugh Fearnley Whittingstall.

And particular favourite pig? I suppose proper home made crusty bread goes without saying, any, preference on the flour? Would an aluminum pan be ok or do I need to forge an iron pan with Lake District ore? I also suppose you want it cooked on oak boughs grown in a western hillside with specific soil pH.

I'm afraid that rounding up a virgin to cook it might be beyond  my powers though....

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

22 minutes ago, rwillett said:

And particular favourite pig? I suppose proper home made crusty bread goes without saying, any, preference on the flour? Would an aluminum pan be ok or do I need to forge an iron pan with Lake District ore? I also suppose you want it cooked on oak boughs grown in a western hillside with specific soil pH.

I'm afraid that rounding up a virgin to cook it might be beyond  my powers though....

Are there any virgins in Clapham? It's not called Clapham for nothing I don't think.
Rob, you're already going above and beyond, but since you're asking, Tamworth Red bacon would be lovely

I am still on the tentative list based on needing to negotiate around one car and my daughter's dance practice at 9.30-12... but....

@rwillett- Ibanez short scale, Fender Jazz bass, Fender Mustang bass, Telecaster, Westone six string, 3d printed guitar, small practise bass amp, small practise guitar amp, Mod Dwarf, various guitar/USB interfaces and quite a lot of software and a fair few laptops as required. I live next door  Probably cake as well.

@ossyrocks- '73 P bass, '73 J bass, '78 P bass, '87 MIJ P Bass, Fender Bassman 50 (rebuilt from the ground up by Gartone), Bergantino Forte D, TE Elf, Barefaced Super Compact and One10, Fender Rumble 100.

@sifi2112 - Vigier Excess 4, Mas26 (x2) sfx D3 preamp Koch ATR4502 poweramp 

@neepheid - Some and hopefully all of Epiphone Jack Casady, G&L L-1000, Epiphone Les Paul Standard, G&L Tribute LB-100, Sire D5, Reverend Triad, Yamaha BB1200, Harley Benton HB-50, Soloking MJ-1, Epiphone Explorer, Markbass Mini CMD 121P IV, Markbass NY 121 cab

@ead - ACG SLG 32" 4-string; "Lee Sklar bass"; Ibanez Grooveline GS104; Yamaha Attitude Special; SBMM Pete Wentz Stingray sig bass; practice amp (with headphones)

@Muzz Three or four various Shukers, Dingwall ABZ4, modded BB414, modded Rumble 100, modded Westone Quantum, Helix Stomp, possibly Walkabout and BF cabs if I've got enough room in the car...

@peterjamPeter - ACG J-Type 4-string (0096), ACG Finn Fretless 4-string (0122), ACG Harlot 6-string (0240), ESP Ltd B-208FM 8-string, Michael Kelly Firefly 4-string acoustic,  Chapman Grand Stick 10-string (deep matched reciprocal tuning), Ashbory Mk2 4-string, Phil Jones Bass BG-110 Bass Cub Combo ... and cake.

@GreeneKing - ACG B Retro 5 35”, two Zoot Funkmeisters both 32” scale, one a P with a Noll preamp and the other a J with a John East Uni Pre 5 knob, Cort Elrick NSJ5 35” with Noll preamp, Eich T900, Accugroove Tri 112, pedalboard (?)

@Ruarl- Sei Original Headless 6, Ibanez GWB1005, JV Precision modified into an active PJ, Ibanez EHB1506MS (for sale!). Barefaced Big Baby 2 & Quilter BB800. Maybe the Tacoma fretless acoustic if there's room in the car. I might chuck the G&L ASAT (non-bass!!) in too.
@LukeFRC - LeFay Capone, , and then two of either Sadowsky Metro Will Lee, Lakland 55-94 or Bravewood 1960 style Precsion (any preference?), the BCcab 1x12 kinda upgraded to be similar to one of @stevie's LFsys cabs - and I guess that will need a head to power it... and a pedal board including a few extra pedals I've put together myself. 

Posted (edited)

I need to get a few pedals (Zoom MS70cdr, C4 synth with switcher, mooer dyna comp, self built Fairfield barbershop clone with Irn Bru influenced graphics) for sale but might hold off doing that till Sunday so if anyone wants to have test of anything they can

Edited by LukeFRC

On 14/05/2024 at 16:37, rwillett said:

Last chance for letting me know about any dietry issues. Otherwise it'll be a selection of pizzas. 

Also any interest in bacon butties or sausage sarnies on arrival? 

I'm planning to be there around 10:00am, (SatNav already programmed), and a well-fired bacon butty would be greatly appreciated. I'm bringing home-made flapjack, (a Rachel Allen recipe).

@LukeFRC Please bring whatever you can, I've never really looked at pedals and am looking to findi another expensive rabbit hole I can head down :) I suspect I'll end up with transatlantic yacht racing as the utilmate 'hobby'.

10:00 is fine. I'll get the bacon going. Well-fired is the state of my normal bacon butties. I'm not a fan of tepid bacon.

Rob

• Haha 1

I can bring my pedal board along too if folks want to try anything out.  It has a Korg Pitch Black mini tuner; T-Rex Quint; Sansamp YYZ overdrive; TC Electronic Thunderstorm flanger; Keekey Bassist compressor; Digitec Drop pedal and a Micro Thumpinator.

I don't know anything about pedals so anything and everything is an education for me. 

I can bring a soldering iron and a multi meter if that helps. 

is there any interest in 3d printing? I know it's not really bass focussed but if people are interested, I can easily show people how it works. There will not be enough time to actually print anything useful unless its a thumb rest or a pickup surround.

More than happy to do so though

Thoughts welcomed?

Thanks

Rob

3 hours ago, rwillett said:

I've never really looked at pedals and am looking to findi another expensive rabbit hole I can head down

neither had I till a few years back.... 

3 hours ago, rwillett said:

is there any interest in 3d printing? I know it's not really bass focussed but if people are interested, I can easily show people how it works. There will not be enough time to actually print anything useful unless its a thumb rest or a pickup surround.

More than happy to do so though

Thoughts welcomed?

Thanks

Rob

Hi Rob

I deal with additive manufacturing as part of my day job so definitely of interest for me.  I keep thinking about the ZeroMods parts and how expensive they whether I should just buy a few and scan them....

13 minutes ago, ead said:

Hi Rob

I deal with additive manufacturing as part of my day job so definitely of interest for me.  I keep thinking about the ZeroMods parts and how expensive they whether I should just buy a few and scan them....

@castlemaine22 has designed a few things like that - they were very cool

31 minutes ago, ead said:

Hi Rob

I have a 3d scanner that I brought off kickstarter, still sitting it's box under the desk. I keep saying I'll get it working but so busy these days. Stuff like thumb rests are pretty simply. Designing a thumb rest to fit onto a standard scratchplate into the right holes is no effort at all. perhaps there's a business there :)

Posted (edited)
12 hours ago, rwillett said:

I suspect I'll end up with transatlantic yacht racing as the utilmate hobby

Well that would certainly be more glamourous than my choices of badly playing bass and failing to grow onions. What do you do for a living,  and how quickly can I retrain?

Edited by Richard R
Typo, as always

32 minutes ago, zbd1960 said:

I'm hoping to make it, but I have an uncertain day tomorrow with visitors all day - I may be too knackered. 

Just come down if an when you can....