Why become a member? ×

Geddy Lee - Paramount+ (weeeee!)

NancyJohnson

To this day, I still really enjoy early Rush (aside from Caress of Steel), but fell out of love from Signals on.  The one overriding thing with them though - Neil Peart included - is that it's obvious there's huge chemistry between them, there's humour and they really don't seem to have any issue in poking fun as themselves.  Just look at the dinner film they did.  It's hilarious.

Like many of us here, we've seen the Beyond The Lighted Stage documentary and from this and the many interviews with Geddy and Alex, like Taylor Swift, they seem incredibly likeable - the Dan Rather thing with Geddy Lee was great too.  I'm of the belief that the joy we can get from Geddy transcends music itself. 

Looking forward to this.

• Like 7

• 1 month later...

I watched three of these this evening; Les Claypool, Melissa Auf der Maur and Krist Novoselic.  They're barely 22 minutes each, so an easy enough watch; while I understand the format is more about what these people are doing away from music rather than the playing element, it was an entertaining enough hour or so, given the bass-centric subject matter. 

I'd say the Les Claypool one was by far the best of the three that I watched.  Of the other two, you wouldn't have known Krist Novoselic was in one of the biggest bands in the last 30 years and of Melissa Auf der Maur - who hadn't played in ten years or so - I did ask myself why they actually chose her (she could just have easily have been any another middle-aged women with an interest in her local arts/music scene).

Geddy seems to be everywhere at the moment.  As I've posted elsewhere, he seems a nice, agreeable bloke with some interesting pursuits (music, wine, collecting etc.) and he an Alex seem to be involved with some interesting stuff, but this show falls well short of what it could actually have been.  Rather than 20 minutes, I could happily have sat through 45-60 minutes of Les Claypool.

If there is a positive, at least the makers didn't go to the standard fallback position of hitting up Flea.

Edited by NancyJohnson
  • Like 1