Why become a member? ×

The Horns, Watford - another live venue gone.

TimR

Brewery have said they're looking for a new landlord and will reopen. 

If the established landlords struggled it'll be difficult to see how someone new can fill the spot.

Isn't this usual tactics? fail to find someone, wait it out for 3 years, claim unviable as a pub, apply for change of use and planning permission, sell building and build retirement flats. 

Played a few gigs in Watford in the early 2000s . I've been there , but cannot remember if I played that venue .

I saw a couple of bands there , including a friends covers band . From what I can remember , it was a busy and lively venue.

was there a crazy landlady there ?🤔

I did play the beehive ( again memory a bit sketchy) , and my last gig being the sportsman where the landlord was a top bloke ensuring drinks were on the house . 

Edited by RAY AGAINST THE MACHINE

That is a great venue, I only played there once but recall it being very well organised, the landlord was a big music fan. It was packed for us despite being totally unknown in the local area. 
I’ve seen a number if great music pubs around the country close, and I’ve just found out another one local to me is facing the same fate. It’s very sad. 

Edited by Cliff Edge