Why become a member? ×

*** Final Price reduction*** G&L SB-2 USA £850 - *SOLD*
£1250
Southampton UK

bumnote2

Hi All.

Sadly my long time friend and band mate Nigel Baker (Bumnote on Chat) passed way earlier this year. Nigel had a great Bass collection with many fine pieces such as this lovely, three tone sunburst G&L SB-2 with Rosewood fingerboard. The Family have asked me to sell on his instruments and this is the first Ad I've placed here on Basschat.

Serial No B022659 manufactured in 1993/94.

This is a great sounding professional instrument. Trust me , I know - I've stood next to it on stage many times over the years and I was always impressed by the driving power and 'punchyness' of the tone Nigel used to get out of it. Certainly one of his favorites, and mine.

The Bass is In excellent condition - comes with G&L hard case.

All in all, a great bass which I've priced to sell. This is now a bargain, and well worth the money for such a fabulous instrument.

I'm in Southampton, Hampshire UK. Would prefer pick up collection but willing to drive (meet half way (ish)?). Will also arrange shipment, fully insured, for approx. £30.

NIgel playing his beloved G&L SB-2.JPG

P1050093.JPG

P1050095.JPG

P1050099.JPG

P1050096.JPG

P1050097.JPG

P1050103.JPG

P1050094.JPG

P1050089.JPG

P1050090.JPG

P1050091.JPG

P1050092.JPG

Edited by bumnote2
Price reduction to £850
  • Like 22
  • Sad 3

I bought a fabulous G&L SB1 from Nigel 3 years ago, and it's just a wonderful, wonderful sounding bass! 

I can only imagine that this is just as good, if not better, due to it's P/J pick up configuration (and much more pristine condition) ! 

Though I didn't know him well, I will always remember Nigel as being a real gentleman with a lovely understated humour about him, coupled with very good taste in bass guitars. 😊

Was very saddened to hear of his passing earlier this year.. 😔

Best of luck with the sale.. 🙏

• Like 4

• 3 weeks later...
  • bumnote2 changed the title to G&L SB-2 USA **ANOTHER PRICE REDUCTION*** Now £1050.
  • bumnote2 changed the title to G&L SB-2 USA **YET ANOTHER PRICE REDUCTION*** Now £950. Go on! get it in time for Christmas!!

I'll stick my oar in to say that I had the Tribute version of this, and it was a fine bass.  A story that will stay with me forever - I played the Tribute SB-2 at a gig and it was so powerful that the sound engineer asked me if it was active :D

The guy I sold it to still has it, and that was 5 years ago.  Might see if he's playing any gigs before Xmas, hear/see it back in action for nostalgia!

Double shaggy dog story bump!

• Like 1

• bumnote2 changed the title to *** Final Price reduction*** G&L SB-2 USA £850
  • bumnote2 changed the title to ***SOLD*** G&L SB-2 USA £850