Why become a member? ×

Aria STB for a tenner!

Steve1250

• 3 weeks later...

Couldn't wait to see what it sounded like so I've put it together temporarily, sorry Paul, have gone with the red tort pickguard for now. Quite pleased with the sound but can't get the action low enough without bottoming out the saddles, maybe the neck needs a shim or something, I like the wide string spacing though, makes it easy to play. I'm going to strip it all down again and may still paint it and am thinking about a J Retro preamp...lots of ideas floating round for this one!

IMG_3039.thumb.jpeg.a099648277d8cf21b19002d2d920954b.jpeg

• Like 10

11 hours ago, Steve1250 said:

Couldn't wait to see what it sounded like so I've put it together temporarily, sorry Paul, have gone with the red tort pickguard for now. Quite pleased with the sound but can't get the action low enough without bottoming out the saddles, maybe the neck needs a shim or something, I like the wide string spacing though, makes it easy to play. I'm going to strip it all down again and may still paint it and am thinking about a J Retro preamp...lots of ideas floating round for this one!

IMG_3039.thumb.jpeg.a099648277d8cf21b19002d2d920954b.jpeg

Ok, wow! 😎

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, lemmywinks said:

RIght I don't even play a 4 string live and have been having a clearout but every time I click on this thread I start trawling eBay and FB for an old cheap Jazz. Probably gonna have to unfollow before I buy another bass don't need.

Well I didn't really need this one...but here we are 🙄

• Haha 1

18 hours ago, PaulThePlug said:

I'll let if go this time... looks good

Little shim in the back of the neck pocket, slither of wood, bit of sandpaper... don't take much.

Just goes to show what a bit of luck and a few hours arsing about can do...

You're a gent Paul! Yeah I'd heard of the sandpaper trick, might give it a go for a quick fix and get playing it

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, prowla said:

I think @NancyJohnson had one of those and rather liked it.

Mine is a late 70s Primary Bass.  Friday night Gumtree purchase.  It's a thing of beauty.  (It needed a ton of work to get it up to speed...it was effectively a body/neck and Schaller tuners.  Everything else needed changing as it was either non-functioning or missing bits.

Aria Pro II produced Precision/Jazz Primary/Precise bass models.  The Precision I have does have a Jazz brother...I check eBay periodically, but they're all £££.

20190516_194721.thumb.jpg.a92c4c22627e679a7559b373c5fe06cb.jpg

20210212_102023.thumb.jpg.7a31f662796e939952c56ed11145b0d6.jpg

• Like 4