Why become a member? ×

Guitar Guitar … very impressed

BassAdder60

Enroute home I decided for the very first time to visit the large Guitar Guitar store in Birmingham 

Found the store and good result it has a car park 👍

Walked in to a warm welcome from staff, found the bass gear down the end of the store and after 5 mins browsing I was offered and made a cup of coffee! 

I tried out the MXR M87 compressor with a Player Series PBass in Tidepool Blue same as mine at home. 

They left me alone for a good hour ( regular checks asking if I was ok ) and when I decided to buy the pedal they price matched it and I got it £30 less than listed 

I was very impressed with the staff, the store and the relaxed friendly and professional way the store is run. 

Well done Guitar Guitar Birmingham 

• Like 22
  • Thanks 1

Yep, I regularly go to the Edinburgh store and buy stuff from them - basses, amps, pedals, leads etc... and I've traded some gear in too. They're a good crowd, they stock a wide variety of products from a pretty varied array of manufacturers, they don't bug you, there's no hard sell, and the manager knows I regularly spend decent sums of cash with them so he never refuses a discount if I smile and ask him for his "best price" on any given item! 😉

I like 'em! 🙂

• Like 6

14 hours ago, xgsjx said:

The Glasgow stores are great too. Bought my synth from them a couple of months ago & they price matched it, the case & the stand. 

I bought some headphones from them a couple of weeks ago, and the 'bass basement' in the adjacent shop has a fantastic selection of basses. 

• Like 1

Yup, the Glasgow store is also great. A few years ago I was in the market for a new cabinet and a fuzz pedal. I hadn't brought my own bass with me. When they asked what I played and it happened to be a p bass with flats, the salesman let me use his own personal early 70's P bass which he had in the back.  Needless to say I spent over a grand that day. If they have what I need in stock I will buy from them.

• Like 3

On 11/09/2023 at 19:09, johnDeereJack said:

Yep, I regularly go to the Edinburgh store and buy stuff from them - basses, amps, pedals, leads etc... and I've traded some gear in too. They're a good crowd, they stock a wide variety of products from a pretty varied array of manufacturers, they don't bug you, there's no hard sell, and the manager knows I regularly spend decent sums of cash with them so he never refuses a discount if I smile and ask him for his "best price" on any given item! 😉

I like 'em! 🙂

GG Edinburgh are great. More friendlier than their Weegie colleagues. 😆

• Haha 1

I was looking for a multiscale 5-string headless, and ended up with a short list of two, in two separate shops.

Drove to the first one, but didn't like the bass.  The second one was in GG in Birmingham,  who had shipped the bass in from another branch for me to try. Apart from missing the entrance to the car park, and having to go round the block again, it was a smooth and enjoyable visit - as others have said, friendly staff, basic questions about the type of rig I wanted to play through, then as long as I needed to try out the bass. No hard sell, and best of all, Mrs Mottlefeeder paid for it.

David

• Haha 1