Why become a member? ×

Which headphones do You like for.....???

nilorius

KZ as10's for in ear monitoring. I bought these on a whim as I've been using the kz zs10s (non pro) for years and loved them, and thought id try another model with a slightly different frequency profile.  Bass sounds absolutely delicious and they don't muddy, which i find alot of headphones do.  Problem with this style though is i find them a bit of a faff putting them off and on so they're not ideal for home use.. especially with the foam inserts i use - takes 5-10 seconds per ear. 

Sennheiser HD 380 Pro

Use them for everything music related, listening to music, practicing bass, recording/tracking, mixing and mastering.

Also gaming and watching movies/series.

Really well balanced and very close to FRFR, so what I hear is what I get and what I get is what I hear.

Seriously need a new set of replacement earpads and cable though, at the moment I use a haphazardly hack job attached earpads that I pulled off a pair of cheap headphones I had lying around and a patched and soldered together cable for them.

But they are like 20 years old, and the earpads and cable held up fine until relatively recently, and otherwise they work as perfectly as when I bought them.

Edited by Baloney Balderdash

15 minutes ago, YeastieB said:

Beyerdynamic DT770 Pro for me as well

I used to use them for a long time, but after they start to malfunction at low freq, i changed to Roland RH-300. Sounds good, but very bad to wear on and off - need some time to practice with that.

Beyer Dynamic DT 990s without doubt. They are the the greatest most comfortable, clearest, most well made headphones available. (imo) There not cheap but there are not super expensive. Open back so they are good to let the bass guitar sound good. I dont like the closed backed 770's. For bass they are too compressed and hold in too much sound personally. You can buy replacement ear pads if they get worn out too ... 

Abyss Audio do a pair called the Diana TC and they are £4700. Supposed to be incredible but you may want high end seperates for those bad boys. HIFIMan do a pair for nearly £6000. 

Stick with Beyers they will last you life time.

Edited by bubinga5

On 08/09/2023 at 10:59, Dood said:

Actually, I wouldn't mind a decent pair of earphones for when I'm out walking, something light weight, sound great and will stay in my ears! Most, nay, pretty much all 'universal' and foam tip in-ear buds don't fit. Maybe I need a nice set of stylish over-ears!

Same here! Does anyone have any suggestions? 

I have a pair of BOSE Soundlink headphones that aren't made anymore. They've been replaced with the Quietlink. They're Bluetooth but also come with a short lead that plugs in and makes them wired. I had to buy an extension lead. 

I also have Beats flex for listening on the train etc. 

And some no name (possibly Sony) wired earbuds from Currys that I wouldn't have paid more than £10 for.

Anything bluetooth only is no good for Bass Guitar monitoring due to latency.

20 hours ago, Elfrasho said:

although... just in the past 30 seconds, I've purchased a pair of OneOdio pro-30s. Might be cheap nonsense but after a few strong youtube video reviews thought i'd take a wee chance!

Received them this afternoon. Very comfortable, and seem really well put together.  Soundwise, they are extremely loud compared to my old Sennheiser HD206's. They have a bit of  "smiley face" EQ, which i quite like for general listening but not so good for recording, or bass playing IME.  One niggle is that the left ear squeaks when moved and is quite loud but hopefully that disappears once they're worked in! 

Overall, quite happy for less than £40.