Why become a member? ×

40th Anniversary Precision £259 at Thomann!

Frank n funker

6 hours ago, jd56hawk said:

Yes, translucent...you can see the grain.

I've seen quite a few nice ones but several that looked pretty bad, indeed.

Might be a good idea to check these out in person...this from someone who owns 12 basses, 9 purchased online.

I'd like to meet the genius who thought this was a good idea just to ask him why they weren't painted Dakota Red instead.

kz61igionw7j2tb2ukyf.jpg

apbdyok5o75lijinrbxb.jpg

Picsart_23-09-16_07-38-31-608.jpg

Oof

Last time GAS went that suddenly, Putin began his special military operation 💀

• Like 1

7 hours ago, jd56hawk said:

Yes, translucent...you can see the grain.

I've seen quite a few nice ones but several that looked pretty bad, indeed.

Might be a good idea to check these out in person...this from someone who owns 12 basses, 9 purchased online.

I'd like to meet the genius who thought this was a good idea just to ask him why they weren't painted Dakota Red instead.

kz61igionw7j2tb2ukyf.jpg

apbdyok5o75lijinrbxb.jpg

Picsart_23-09-16_07-38-31-608.jpg

I would've preferred the blonde but saw the Jonny Dibble review prior to purchase so didn't want to risk it.  I'm pleased to say I'm very happy with my dakota red P and also happy for the guys who ordered the blonde and got a good one. They really are great basses 👍

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, Frank n funker said:

I would've preferred the blonde but saw the Jonny Dibble review prior to purchase so didn't want to risk it.  I'm pleased to say I'm very happy with my dakota red P and also happy for the guys who ordered the blonde and got a good one. They really are great basses 👍

I bought a Dakota Red one, too..it's everything you could want from a Precision bass and it looks great!

• Like 5

6 hours ago, uncle psychosis said:

I want one of these so much, but I really can't justify another P or J flavoured bass 🙃

Now that's just silly talk my man, there's never any need to justify another P or J, you simply just do. Now pull yourself together and join the BC 40th Anniversary club.

• Haha 2

35 minutes ago, leroydiamond said:

Can anyone enlighten as to the approximare weight of these J / P basses ?

My P was 3.8kg out of the box. There are few quoted weights throughout this thread, IIRC, ranging from just under 3.5kg, to just over 4kg.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, uncle psychosis said:

Feel sorry for anyone trying to sell pretty much any squier / budget bass second hand for the next few months tbh... 

I recently helped a friend find a Squier Affinity. A few around S/H but people asking £200 (some even more) and often some dinks etc. Bought a new one from PMT £240 I recall - next day free shipping so no running around dealing with a mixed bag of sellers. And you get to choose colour.

The new one was excellent - did a set-up but it was really good out of the box. Absolutely amazing how good these basses are for the money. 

Edited by Soledad
typo
  • Like 2

These seem an absolute bargain and great to see so many positive comments and reviews.

Just checked the Thomann site and the DR are out of stock...........but due in again shortly.....£259.....

I need to work out how to get one in the house without the wife noticing!

• Haha 2