Why become a member? ×

Disappearing Threads

Stub Mandrel

Question

For some time I have noticed that certain threads disappear from my 'content you have posted in' list, rarely making a fleeting return after weeks or months, then disappearing again.

Typically, it's when I see them in the 'recent activity' list that I realise there are pages of content that hasn't come up on my feed.

Now it's happened to the Den of Iniquity, a disaster of immeasurable proportions!

Is it possible to fix what seems to be a significant glitch, it's been happening going back at least a year.

1 hour ago, BigRedX said:

And equally I ask why is it so important that I don't have the ability to be able to hide it? 

There was never an issue with this.  What was questionable was that you wanted it permanently hidden from everyone.  See below.

On 18/08/2023 at 13:36, BigRedX said:

Can we make the Den Of Iniquity disappear permanently for everyone?

I understand your reasons for wanting it hidden from your feed and I support them.  We were concerned that we might have offended you somehow but that seems not to be the case.

I hope we can move forward with respect for each other because, after all, that's what BassChat is known for.

By the way, you've got a cool band.  I wish you all every success.

All the best

John

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Raymondo said:

I was meeting @Teebs in real life to go to a gig  in his area, and I jokingly said "don't worry I'm not going to be harvesting your organs."

...yet we haven't seen him for a long time...

On an unrelated matter; these pies are exceedingly good.

image.png.b5ece707cff5d49f19015ea4f98c07d7.png

Edited by SpondonBassed
  • Haha 2

33 minutes ago, Stub Mandrel said:

But that only stops notifications it doesn't affect 'content I posted in' (normally).

Is "content I posted in" on your phone? I have never noticed anything like that but I mostly use a pc.

I don't have a "feed" I simply view the forum in it's default form. I don't see how any other method would be any more useful to me.

The biggest problem for me is threads that I have posted in by mistake or those that have descended into fish jokes will have a star next to them making me think that since I have posted in this thread previously it will have new content that I will be interested in, when this is most definitely not the case.

I suppose for me a semi-workable alternative to being able to hide threads, I am not/no longer interested in would be to have my contribution(s) removed so it no longer looks like I posted in it. To that end @Woodinblack would it be possible to delete my single contribution to the "Daily Annoyances" thread?

Thanks!

Edited by BigRedX

10 minutes ago, BigRedX said:

I don't have a "feed" I simply view the forum in it's default form. I don't see how any other method would be any more useful to me.

The biggest problem for me is threads that I have posted in by mistake or those that have descended into fish jokes will have a star next to them making me think that since I have posted in this thread previously it will have new content that I will be interested in, when this is most definitely the case.

I suppose for me a semi-workable alternative to being able to hide threads, I am not/no longer interested in would be to have my contribution(s) removed so it no longer looks like I posted in it. To that end @Woodinblack would it be possible to delete my single contribution to the "Daily Annoyances" thread?

Thanks!

I use the same method as you. There are a couple of threads that I've contributed to that I either don't want to look at again or might want to look at occasionally (eg I've had a couple of glances at the football thread in the last week) and I recognise the thread title and ignore them or look at them. There are plenty I ignore and have never contributed to (eg Wordle). I don't have a problem with doing that - an ignore thread facility would be useful but it's something I can live without.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, BigRedX said:

I am sure there is some way of removing notifications of threads like that - I shall look tonight

• Like 1

Just now, Woodinblack said:

I am sure there is some way of removing notifications of threads like that - I shall look tonight

I think BigRed's referring to the star that appears beside a thread title once you've contributed.  He wants to be able to change it back to a dot.

Eg:

image.png.88dd1dca406603f1300aa198c665fa97.png

1 hour ago, floFC said:

Is it not just a case of unfollowing the thread?

When you contribute to a thread, you automatically ”follow” it. If you unfollow (at the bottom of the thread) that should stop sending you notifications.

No, if you then look at threads you have contributed to, it will show you the offending thread, even if you unfollow it.

• Thanks 1