Why become a member? ×

Yeah right….

ash

I’m not really up on PJ’s , but all US precision’s and jazzes I’ve got and have had before have all adjusted at the heel, the logo’s are wrong and the bridge isn’t right and the knobs look quite high up the body to me 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Reggaebass said:

I’m not really up on PJ’s , but all US precision’s and jazzes I’ve got and have had before have all adjusted at the heel, the logo’s are wrong and the bridge isn’t right and the knobs look quite high up the body to me 

But apart from that….

• Haha 1

I get a bit cross with eBay about their stance on counterfeit goods. They are not some small budget local non profit organisation. Allowing people to sell obvious fakes and take a cut in the revenue is illegal and immoral. Some poor sod will end up £500 poorer from this. They have the staff and technology to put an end to it, not profit from it.

• Like 1

Ebay should take a more aggressive stance on dodgy goods, but some stuff is difficult to police. Most of their staff wouldn’t have a clue about a Fender bass and couldn’t identify a real one from a fake. Also competitors throw fake fake (sic) accusations out to remove items that compete with their own. Whilst I’m not en eBay fanboy, it’s difficult. 

I do astrophotography and look on eBay for any bargains, you occasionally get them, but I see a lot of fake auctions for high end telescopes. Questar are common, some Astrophysics scopes as well. These scopes can sell for many thousands. Probably much the same price as a decent Fender bass from early 60s. They use stick photos and sell a non existent item for $2,000 or whatever. When I report them, eBay has been really good at removing them.  They go through patches and depends on who reads the submission. I’ve had people try to remove my stuff or rip my photos off for their own. EBay has actually been sensible most of the time. 

anyway, the new listing is technically accurate, it’s over priced by about £450, but that’s capitalism for you. 

caveat emptor and all that. 

rob

I think it's also on gumtree too.

whatsapp://send?text=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.gumtree.com%2Fp%2Fguitar-instrument%2Ffender-precision-bass-please-read%2F1461263740%3Futm_source%3DWhatsApp%252B%26utm_medium%3DSocial%26utm_campaign%3Dsocialbuttons