Why become a member? ×

Re the Blondie comments. Have you ever played a gig sometimes and you think that your band played below par yet the punters loved it?

I have always maintained that most musicians who play gigs, listen to live music differently to your normal non muso punter. We can be very critical about ourselves and others as our singer never fails to tell us! 

I sometimes yearn for the days when the experience of being at an event and listening to a great band was all that I cared about.

But Blondie should defo knock it on the head! :D

• Like 1

14 hours ago, NancyJohnson said:

I know there was a desert scene, but you know that Palm Springs isn't like a fountain and a few big houses, right?  The city is nearly 250 square km.  Four times bigger than Manhattan.  Twice as big as Manchester.  At least.

This is one of those stories that does the rounds every once in while, this idea that Sinatra roused up a few Italian/American arm-bending mafia-types who knocked up venues going, 'Nice little business you have here, you wouldn't want anything to happen to it, would you?' is preposterous.  

It was significantly smaller back then. It’s growing at a daft rate: considering it’s pointlessly hot 8 months a year and there’s ever less water.

Probably because it isn't far to drive to LA and it isn't anywhere like as crowded. Big open streets, so stupidly hot and empty though, have to clear the sand off the road all the time. One of those places where if you didn't keep cleaning it for a few weeks, it would be taken back by the desert. However, convenient location if you have a body to dispose of, a few minutes into the desert, back in time for dinner.

• Haha 2

Hello I spent Friday,Saturday,Sunday night at Glastonbury ,my high light and cool show was Nameskin , great set , cleverly entertaining set with superb riff on guitar and great great the girl bass player, incredible singer even fans went topless…another Highlight were Kelis amazing bass player who is so groove, love the pretenders ,Rick Astley was honestly pretty good , I felt asleep watching Lana, nearly burst my ear listening G N R so loud too many solo thought Duff was superb normal he’s the bass player, Elton Jon was in keys for once ( no offence) or some incredible musicians around him we did enjoy it , felt pretty overwhelmed by the shear number of people luckily I only had a few stairs to climb as I truly enjoyed my weekend at home 😊

• Like 1

I enjoyed EJ’s set last night (iPlayer) although his weird diction drives me crazy. I have problems understanding more than two words a minute sometimes. Always has done but appears even weirder these days. 
For once the BBC got the sound mix right. Obviously someone with good ears on the edit. 
Contrast with the Chicks who’s microphone technique doesn’t involve sucking the damn thing all the time, and an acoustic guitar solo was virtually inaudible. Shame as the set was very professional. 
Haven’t watched anything else yet. 

On 26/06/2023 at 19:44, mrtcat said:

My wife's sister and three of her mates are currently working on the Glastonbury site doing the clean up. She's done it for years and loves it. Every year there is this bull***t narrative in the same old right wing dross media outlets about how this generation of festival goers are all totally entitled and how the festival is an environmental disaster

Im not a clever wordsmith, but hey, whatever.

The massive media coverage of this event shows exactly what ever attitude is going on, to a huge worldwide audience. And what we see is young people doing stuff cause they don't give a toss.. and that information is concentrated to the extent that it literally fills the screen. That info cause GY is oh so important  NOT! gets relayed to millions of other young people reinforcing attitudes that chucking your s..h..i..t everywhere for others to clean up is OK? You have go to be joking....Seriously?  It's a !!!!!!ng abomination!

Edited by greavesbass

51 minutes ago, greavesbass said:

Im not a clever wordsmith, but hey, whatever.

The massive media coverage of this event shows exactly what ever attitude is going on, to a huge worldwide audience. And what we see is young people doing stuff cause they don't give a toss.. and that information is concentrated to the extent that it literally fills the screen. That info cause GY is oh so important  NOT! gets relayed to millions of other young people reinforcing attitudes that chucking your s..h..i..t everywhere for others to clean up is OK? You have go to be joking....Seriously?  It's a !!!!!!ng abomination!

Bloody kids leaving their litter for someone else to clean up, certainly wasn't like that in the old days!

87d56111daf917d86e_GettyImages-515572246.jpg

• Like 1