Why become a member? ×

How long is your strap?

11 minutes ago, Richard R said:

I have been wracking my brains trying to come up with a caption for this but to no avail.

It just looks so utterly painful!

At least he cured the neck dive 

Edited by Bunion
  • Haha 1

39 minutes ago, Richard R said:

I have been wracking my brains trying to come up with a caption for this but to no avail.

It just looks so utterly painful!

Long, long, long, long time ago. Before the wind, before the snow.............

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, snorkie635 said:

Oh no! Not the Unicorn and Grizzly Bear story again! 🤣

I just wrote on picture i saw, there where Rickenbacker hanging under his knees. Now he deleted it.

Edited by nilorius

On 23/05/2023 at 11:29, nilorius said:

I wear it pretty high

Esargwb1005.thumb.jpg.ac64ba3a93106179b3d9bdabad52b9ee.jpg

Pretty much where I got my strap adjusted to as well.

To hang at about the same height as if I was playing sitting down without a strap.

And this is the strap in question:

image.png.a167a5eb0c6d7b0790808a7cbf82fab7.png

The Harley Benton 85mm wide black suede strap with 6mm memory foam padding, and the length adjustable from 105 to 150 cm

Edited by Baloney Balderdash

16 minutes ago, Baloney Balderdash said:

Pretty much where I got my strap adjusted to as well.

To hang at about the same height as if I was playing sitting down without a strap.

And this is the strap in question:

image.png.a167a5eb0c6d7b0790808a7cbf82fab7.png

The Harley Benton 85mm wide black suede strap with 6mm memory foam padding, and the length adjustable from 105 to 150 cm

As a brand i think it's 10 from 10. It has 3 positions to connect at any times. Looks very good, but must be a big money as well.

34 minutes ago, nilorius said:

As a brand i think it's 10 from 10. It has 3 positions to connect at any times. Looks very good, but must be a big money as well.

It is indeed a really great strap, feels extremely comfortable, even with heavy basses, and it has a relatively good grip as well, making it great at dealing with neck diving basses.

And while you can get cheaper straps, and that it is one of the more expensive ones Harley Benton offers, it's not really expensive, in fact rather cheap for what it is.

Harley Benton is a budget brand after all.

It is 29£/34 Euro.

Only issue I really have with it is that the memory foam doesn't seem to be covered/draped with another layer of leather or even just cloth, which I got a suspicion potentially could cause the foam to deteriorate over time being exposed to sweat and eventually crumble away.

I assume though, and it does seem like it, that the memory foam at least has been treated with a thin protective film/layer of some kind.

Edited by Baloney Balderdash
  • Like 1

On 26/05/2023 at 10:28, NancyJohnson said:

At 6'4" and predominantly using Thunderbirds, I favour a Levy's extra long strap; there's certainly times where the strap has been too long and photographic evidence show me in a square-shouldered Herman Munster poise, just to raise the bass to a more comfortable playing position.

They are beasts.

Sanford_reduced_even_more.jpg