Why become a member? ×

Help The Dood keep his 7 string Shuker.

bubinga5

I can chip in £30. times that by 100 ish. The Dood keeps his Shuker. And a few quid for a Greggs.. When my mortgage triples I will expect the same when I want to keep my Sire btw.😆 Thats £2 each so start saving. 

Edited by bubinga5
  • Haha 3

We are giving Dan money to keep his Shuker. That was my idea. It will always belong to him. He has given alot to BC/YT with his contributions Mick. I could have singled out anyone. But Dan has imo contributed the most. (imo) I always watch his channel. There may be others that are struggling but I saw it on FB.. 

Happy to donate..... but I have to ask. What market is there for a 7-string bass? And a 7-string custom build at that? Tbh, I'd say that is more than just a 'niche-market' bass and Dan may have severe trouble selling it anyway.... 🤔

• Like 1

This is getting complex. A few years back I lost a few hundred quid when a bloke here ripped me off. Several guys PMd me and offered cash to help me recoup and at the time it was hugely appreciated. @Dood is the f***ing man, he has made a huge contribution to bass culture here and elsewhere over the years, so let’s help him out with no complexities? If we want to help out - which I do - let’s do it, and let’s stay off this thread if we don’t want to? 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

On 05/05/2023 at 18:28, bubinga5 said:

Maybe in my nativity i didnt think this through. I would like the BC members to put in some money each to help Dude keep his bass. If Ped would facilitate it i will put in the first amount. If many of us do the same thing. Hey presto. Dude keeps his Shuker. Bit like a crowd funding thing ?

You should be a shepherd … 

but to be serious, I hope it works out for @Dood

Edited by Geek99

On 19/05/2023 at 12:49, dmccombe7 said:

Is Dan ok with us doing this. Wouldn't like him to be offended in any way.

Dave

Hey everyone, I've been away from BC for a bit figuring stuff out. 

Well, it's a tough one, an odd feeling. I'm not very good at being centre of attention and as Id said above, feel a bit guilty when I know we're all struggling. At the same time, I don't want Andrew to feel awkward for reaching out to the community either as it's a really thoughtful thing to do. 

Obviously the back story to my woes is a lengthy one, so the original posts to something that appeared vague probably didn't help. I'm not offended though. In all honesty, I didn't really think anyone would notice or care that much. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

My debts are difficult and I am under no illusion, plenty of us are or have been stuffed in one way or another. 

I'm not about to sit here and do nothing about it though. I'm still a very active self-employed person. There's no time to sit around waiting. So, being as I am trying to pay my own way, I still need a little help:-

I've got hundreds of videos, reviews, columns and the like floating around the internet, but I don't personally own all that I've recorded in the last ten years or so. I need to get them aired and shared, get them under the noses of other bassists, brands and distributors.  it would really help me reach new brands, do new promotional videos etc etc and in short earn more so I can help myself!

(I'm still bewildered why the magazine I used to work with just wouldn't share the very work they were paying me to do!)

These are my first reviews with Bass Gear Magazine, who are just awesome to be involved with. I've been given the freedom to create the videos I wanted to be able to, and, as I progress they'll only get better.

(For those who don't know, I produce the entire video, compose music, column and tech stuff from my studio here in Blighty) I'm enjoying the learning curve! 

Soooo, I'd love for these reviews to be read, shared, commented on, talked about, it's a little thing but hopefully it will help me! 

• Like 3

On 18/05/2023 at 11:27, Hellzero said:

@Dood Could it be worthy if we all watch your (to me at least) excellent reviews on your YouTube channel ?

Do you get some income from the online bass magazines you make the videos for if we all watch them too ?

Just in case, here is the link to most of @Dood reviews: 

Maybe a mod could highlight this excellent thread and put it on top.

Calling @ped for this...

Just seen this - no, I don't get any thing from watched videos or anything like royalties from releases. What will help I guess, which I am not very good at doing, is to share my videos in order to get my name out there. I'm not sure that many outside BC knows that I've been busting my under crackers for years trying to get useful and informative gear reviews out there - because I sure as sh** know how difficult it is to try out the gear we see in physical magazines.

• Like 1

Just now, dmccombe7 said:

What's the best way to share Dan. I normally would share them on my FB page but open to any other options that can help.

Dave

Pretty much the same but everywhere, even here on BassChat in conversations about gear. strangely, given what help it should be, very few brands actually bother to share or use my video reviews to bolster support for their equipment!

Maybe I’m too honest! 🫣 - no, generally kit that I’ve reviewed isn’t rubbish and have been very lucky. Though there’s been a couple of items come through that were so bad they couldn’t reliably be reviewed!!

So FB bass groups, Discord servers, Twitter, you name it! Even post a link to one of my videos on brand adverts for that item!!

I did this the other day and the brand didn’t acknowledge it sadly. Rarely do they. 

• Like 1

Thank you so much! It would make a difference I am sure if I could get 100 people sharing my videos often, commenting about the gear on them and, even ways I can improve my reviews to make people want to share and get excited about. Then, I am helping myself to improve.

Edited by Dood
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, Dood said:

Thank you so much! It would make a difference I am sure if I could get 100 people sharing my videos often, commenting about the gear on them and, even ways I can improve my reviews to make people want to share and get excited about. Then, I am helping myself to improve.

Started this morning with the Bergantino B-amp review from Youtube shared to my FB page and i'll see how else i can get it out there Dan.

Dave 

I'm afraid that I have absented myself from social media in general apart from BC (and LinkedIn that I have to be on for work annoyingly).  So not sure that I can help much there sadly.