Why become a member? ×

Fender Pbass case

I skipped on the Fender cases and went straight to a Hiscox Liteflite, my '77 p-bass is a good fit and it offers the best protection (IMO) it's possible to add little padded cushions to tailor the fit but i've found that they are a pretty good fit as standard. I have Hiscox cases for almost every instrument I own (11 of them at last count)

they're not cheap compared to some but i think cheaper than the fender branded ones (possibly not by much), and short of something custom or a flight case they offer the best protection. If you're prepared to search round for a used one then they can be had quite cheaply, i think the cheapest i've paid was 30 quid but 60 or 70 is more usual.

Matt

• Like 1

Def as Matt says above, Hiscox. As well as offering the most protection aside from super-duper expensive flight cases, being shaped rather than oblong they are much easier to cart about. I’ve used my Hiscox cases for flying gigs and never had a worry about the safety of the bass inside.

SKB. My Precisions all live in them and the bass doesn't move at all in transit. It's the FB4 model you want. The FB is probably significant.

I have put a P-bass in a Hiscox and shaken it and the bass moves around. Not so with the SKB - which has a lifetime warranty.

Edited by Steve Browning
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Steve Browning said:

SKB. My Precisions all live in them and the bass doesn't move at all in transit. It's the FB4 model you want. The FB is probably significant.

I have put a P-bass in a Hiscox and shaken it and the bass moves around. Not so with the SKB - which has a lifetime warranty.

This. Hiscox are good but I prefer the SKB for the above reasons. 

1 hour ago, Supernaut said:

Not sure what you meant to post but that's just a search for every time Hiscox has been used in a post?  

Incidentally, no-one seems to have given an option on the OPs (a) or (b), just the usual suggestion of (c) 😂

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Kev said:

Not sure what you meant to post but that's just a search for every time Hiscox has been used in a post?  

Incidentally, no-one seems to have given an option on the OPs (a) or (b), just the usual suggestion of (c) 😂

Yes I did notice that !!!

• Haha 2