Why become a member? ×

Are you ready for this ? Cause I'm not Pedulla pentabuzz for sale ON HOLD or partial trade - *SOLD*
£2750
Kingsbridge (devon)

fiatcoupe432

Hi all , 

I thought I would never do this but unfortunately things change. 

I'm selling my wonderfull pentabuzz to fund a 6 string bass or any high quality 5 string (e to c) or a vintage fender. The reason behind the trade is that I already own a 6 string but if a better one came up ill sell mine and try to fund a 4 string fender(vintage). Partial trade only , wouod need some money my way . Now stop talking and let's get to the point.the pedulla is unbelievable and anyone who have played one can tell you that it doesn't get better than this in the fretless world ! This example is 9.5 out of 10 condition and plays amazing.  Bass comes with paper work , tools and ohsc.

The bass has a 5AAAAA top and was built in 2000 and has a configuration of jj bartolinis

The controls are Volume , pickups blend and tone.

The MVP preamp is active, the tone control is a passive cut or active boost either side of the centre position, and the blend is active to keep the volume the same a great setup. String spacing 19mm but can 

Edited by fiatcoupe432
  • Like 15

There was only ever one bass I lusted after, more than the ‘88 Thumb NT I owned from new, it was a ‘Pentabuzz’. What an absolutely fab bass.

Edited by Oldman
  • Like 2

15 minutes ago, Oldman said:

There was only ever one bass I lusted after, more than the ‘88 Thumb NT I owned from new, it was a ‘Pentabuzz’. What an absolutely fab bass.

Same here !! This is my second pentabuzz and last time I regret selling it big time and I'm sure I will this time too( unless I decide to keep it) but I don't really use it that much . I don't play live or with bands anymore. But yes, best fretless in my opinion and I owned few 

Hey Toni, why don't you put it in E to C tuning, if that's what you're after ?

When you'll regret selling it, you'll regret it twice as they are quite rare on the second hand market...

Just get a new nut cut for your E to C tuning, a full set-up and there you go!

• Like 2

I seem to spend an inordinate amount of time here, telling people not to sell things (I may need therapy). But, this is a top-line fretless and as stated above, it's rare to find them second-hand. They're not made any more. You said you regretted the last one going. You don't seem too convinced that this one should go. Don't. There are other ways to raise money for your six-string/vintage Fender. IMHO of course. 🙏

• Like 5

21 hours ago, Hellzero said:

Hey Toni, why don't you put it in E to C tuning, if that's what you're after ?

When you'll regret selling it, you'll regret it twice as they are quite rare on the second hand market...

Just get a new nut cut for your E to C tuning, a full set-up and there you go!

Hey Tony , 

Yeah I thought about it but I don't really need a fretless and adding frets to a pentabuzz would it be something to go in prison for a long time. 

• Haha 4

21 hours ago, WinterMute said:

Always loved these basses, but the 19mm spacing and the fact I was always expecting the top horn to snap off put me off a bit.

Beautiful bass, hope you decide to keep it.

Bridge can be adjusted. I think I have got at 18mm atm( can't remember really but I can measure it ) . The top horn is solid as rock , not sure what would you have to do to snap it 

1 hour ago, fiatcoupe432 said:

Bridge can be adjusted. I think I have got at 18mm atm( can't remember really but I can measure it ) . The top horn is solid as rock , not sure what would you have to do to snap it 

I've played 16.5mm most of my life, Warwick Thumb 5's, the SR5s are 17, (might be 17.5 actually), the ACG is 17, it's comfortable for my small hands...

Yeah they're built like tanks those Pedulla's, it just looks a bit odd to me.

One of the best sounding fretlesses on the planet, without a doubt.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, fiatcoupe432 said:

Hey Tony , 

Yeah I thought about it but I don't really need a fretless and adding frets to a pentabuzz would it be something to go in prison for a long time. 

Adding frets to it, makes it an MVP5.😁

IMG_0991.jpeg

• Like 2

9 hours ago, fiatcoupe432 said:

Hey Tony , 

Absolutely agree. This bass needs to remain the way it is.

Pity for the brexit, maybe we could reach a deal with my Adamovic otherwise.

By the way, greetings to Devon from a former University of Exeter student. 

Edited by cascanicoff
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm really surprised to see this still for sale.

I'm a player of the 4 string version and, after owning various fretless basses, settled on the Pedulla.

It is hands-on the best instrument I have ever played. Somebody is in for a delight sooner or later....despite these uncertain times...

GLWTS, joe

• Like 3

22 hours ago, shantijoe said:

I'm a player of the 4 string version and, after owning various fretless basses, settled on the Pedulla.

It is hands-on the best instrument I have ever played. Somebody is in for a delight sooner or later....despite these uncertain times...

I’m also a player of the 4 string version and totally agree! Fantastic instrument.

• Like 1