Why become a member? ×

Origin DCX Bass- EQ and Drive

lee650

Just seen this has been released! Tone enhancer,EQ,Boost,OD, based on a vintage recording console. This has got me excited 😁

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=pfbid0szfB8dP15rsM8jhY3kjkA6Zd8PnhFzs1L6Wu2C4e8jpwUm8fSWjJaDXCVz1fhAHXl&id=100067594404649&sfnsn=scwspmo

Edited by lee650
  • Like 2

Just what I need 😳😳😳😳. The official Origin demo is paired with a Super vintage. I use the Black panel. Be interesting to see how they  interact. .Any chance of a demo with 64 Origin? Just saying 😉

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Maxcat said:

Just what I need 😳😳😳😳. The official Origin demo is paired with a Super vintage. I use the Black panel. Be interesting to see how they  interact. .Any chance of a demo with 64 Origin? Just saying 😉

you might have to ask them - unless you can find someone with both units and a good video / demo rig.

19 minutes ago, fretmeister said:

you might have to ask them - unless you can find someone with both units and a good video / demo rig.

They got back to me on face tube. There is a staff player demo in the works but I’m just going for it. Time to sell some pedals 😳

• Like 2

I’m going to stick my neck out here and say I don’t like it and don’t get it! Also every demo makes the bass super anaemic and thin before the pedal is turned on - well what were you doing before when you played that bass to demo some other pedal where it sounded perfect? 

Even so I always think the bypassed sound is much better but these boutique fizzy preamp pedals seem to be all the rage at the moment. Just not for me I guess. 

• Like 8

I think based on the 2 videos in this thread I'd have to play it for myself (which ain't gonna happen in Norn Iron without a spend...). Really, REALLY like the Ian Allison demo, but the Nate Navarro one does absolutely nothing for me at all. Can see where you're coming from @ped

• Like 2

I’m really reassured that I’m not the only one that feels like I’m missing something here. I adore pedals and have far too many, but this one feels a little “emperors new clothes” to me. Just my opinion. 

• Like 2

Normally I enjoy Nate’s videos but don’t think this one did the pedal justice. I’ve registered to a couple of demos and I do like what it does - it’s grown on me. I use the plug in of the 610 on my daw frequently and think this would be a great ‘one pedal with a di’ option for iem gigs and while I have a pedal which does that I’d still 

like to give one a go!

It’s a shame GuitarGuitar don’t stock Origin! It strikes

me as a unit you’d really get a feel

for by actually playing it as opposed to a muff or something where you know/want the baked in sound. And not to be that guy but what’s next? A Neve based unit? Some other studio gear in a pedal? Origin are wizards!!

It is payday weekend 🫨

Edited by krispn

After the initial Euporia of origin bringing something out for bass, the Demos haven't done it for me either. The demos seem to be concentrating on the OD side of things, rather than the EQ/Tone Enhancement that I'm interested in. Drives are popular, so they are going to market that side of the pedal more prominently,I look forward to a more in depth demo in the future. I'm currently using a JPTR FX Jive and it's giving me what I want, although I'm certain the Origin is far better built and does a lot more.

Edited by lee650

3 hours ago, krispn said:

Normally I enjoy Nate’s videos but don’t think this one did the pedal justice. I’ve registered to a couple of demos and I do like what it does - it’s grown on me. I use the plug in of the 610 on my daw frequently and think this would be a great ‘one pedal with a di’ option for iem gigs and while I have a pedal which does that I’d still 

like to give one a go!

It’s a shame GuitarGuitar don’t stock Origin! It strikes

me as a unit you’d really get a feel

for by actually playing it as opposed to a muff or something where you know/want the baked in sound. And not to be that guy but what’s next? A Neve based unit? Some other studio gear in a pedal? Origin are wizards!!

It is payday weekend 🫨

I'm loving their way of thinking, everybody's always chasing our favourite tones from the records, which was more likely achieved by expensive studio gear rather than humble pedals. I for one would be excited by a transformer equipped Neve  inspired pre 😍

I'd personally prefer to try the DCX first as £250 is a lot to drop when I know I won't use the heavy drive tones.

Edited by lee650
  • Like 3

18 minutes ago, lee650 said:

I'm loving their way of thinking, everybody's always chasing our favourite tones from the records, which was more likely achieved by expensive studio gear rather than humble pedals. I for one would be excited by a transformer equipped Neve  inspired pre 😍

I'd personally prefer to try the DCX first as £250 is a lot to drop when I know I won't use the heavy drive tones.

Well theres been an 1176 a Pultec style eq and now a 610 pre so a Neve or API type unit would be a logical next pedal as they cover guitar and bass or any source 

• Like 1

Wait wait there is a pultec eq? From origin?…..

(Obviously I’ve just gone to Google that and really did not know that was a thing) dayum

2 hours ago, krispn said:

Well theres been an 1176 a Pultec style eq and now a 610 pre so a Neve or API type unit would be a logical next pedal as they cover guitar and bass or any source 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, lee650 said:

JHS Colourbox V2

1 hour ago, tayste_2000 said:

Wait wait there is a pultec eq? From origin?…..

(Obviously I’ve just gone to Google that and really did not know that was a thing) dayum

Sorry it’s kinda a Pultec based boost/drive but yeah!

Now I’m looking at the M-EQ, DCX and Cali and wondering I can put them in a loop switcher inside the pre and post loops of a capo to have like a full studio console that you can repatch live and would all fit on a pt metro16 or nano 😂

I need to try a colourbox again 😅

• Like 1