Why become a member? ×

Warwick check in

uk_lefty

Just wanted to check on this Warwick. It looks great.... But! The body is bothering me. It doesn't have the two piece bridge, and it has chrome hardware, which makes me think "Rockbass" range, but not in that wood! 

Is this a genuine 2001 German made Warwick or is it a Rockbass body with a German neck? 

Warwick Standard Fretless 2001 - Figured Natural Satin https://reverb.com/item/63332357?utm_source=android-app&utm_medium=android-share&utm_campaign=listing&utm_content=63332357

Worth about £300-£400 these days, they're ok basses. As said the precursor to the Rockbass, passive pickups are quite tame and don't really sound like any flavour of Warwick. I had the 5 string single pickup version, never really got on with it and I moved it on.

That one is seriously overpriced, can get a proper one for that much.

Yeoow. I'd maybe pay a third of asking price for that, if even 😂

Reverb is destroying the second hand market.

I was looking at this earlier. The technique seems to be just ask for double what it's worth and hope for the best

https://reverb.com/item/64605295-ibanez-sdgr-sr-1000-power-curve-bass-blue-japan-second-hand?utm_source=rev-ios-app&utm_medium=ios-share&utm_campaign=listing&utm_content=64605295

Thanks everyone. The same seller has my old Streamer LX at £1,599. I bought it for £450ish around 2007 and sold it for about the same a few years later. Secondhand lefty Warwick prices are all over the place. 

I was tempted by that fretless, the body wood and the neck are attractive but the cheap bridge and the pickups were putting me off.

4 hours ago, Doctor J said:

I was looking at this earlier. The technique seems to be just ask for double what it's worth and hope for the best

I think that is exactly what it is. People put up for ridiculous amounts incase they get a bite, then wait for watchers and start lowering the price incrementally until someone needs that dopamine hit of winning on the internet...

It's insidious - I've pressed watch on stuff that is overpriced in the hope it comes down and when somebody drops the price by $50 even though it's $500 over the odds there is still a pull.

I have one… love it, lovely tone, nice to play. Currently fitted with flats, it’s a great bass. Not the highest output from the pickups, but you can turn the amp up right?

Mine was £375 recently, but I shopped around and struck a deal. They are massively overpriced online at the moment. Just saying.

• Like 1