Why become a member? ×

Rickenbacker 4004 Laredo 2015 Jetglo trade pending - *SOLD*
£2075
Lancaster

ash

This is a 2015 Rickenbacker Laredo Bass 4004 model in jetglo. It’s in amazing condition and virtually mint. The bass weighs around 4.1kgs and has absolutely no issues, it comes with original Ric case and includes all certificates and manuals. The bass has had the pots upgraded to two volumes and tone rather than the usual volume, tone and pickup selector switch. The volume controls also feature a coil tap push pull switch making it a very flexible bass. Should you wish to change it back to the original configuration the original wiring loom is included. I’d definitely prefer pickup I’m afraid. 

The bass has the signature Ric sound but is far more comfortable to play thanks to the contoured body. The Schaller bridge makes it very easy to intonate too. I was told Rickenbacker have stopped production of this model. 
UK only. Price reduced for a quick sale. Postage £30 UK only 

I’d consider part trades - plus cash. I need to release at least £950 funds on this so I’d consider US Fenders or Musicman basses. Thanks 

Edited by ash
  • Like 20

As I walked down the streets of Laredo...

These were an amusing instrument in Rickenbacker's history: customers complained about the bridge, the binding, the pickups, so they went and made this model; people carried on buying the original ones with the bridge, binding, and single-coil pickups.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

• ash changed the title to Rickenbacker 4004 Laredo 2015 Jetglo now £1975
4 minutes ago, PaulThePlug said:

Tried Rickenfakers etc.. over on Facebook?

Still Luverly that... Loves a Rear Route looks so simple and elegant... yet menacing, quite a 1940's Streamliner vibe... wiv a big V8

Thanks Paul however I’ve had some not exactly wonderful experiences when trying to sell on FB so I’ll stick to here for the time being. 

10 hours ago, PaulThePlug said:

Tried Rickenfakers etc.. over on Facebook?

Still Luverly that... Loves a Rear Route looks so simple and elegant... yet menacing, quite a 1940's Streamliner vibe... wiv a big V8

It's a real Ric - not welcome in Rickenfakers!

2 hours ago, vinorange said:

Have a free Friday night bump Ash.

The mods on the Ric really open it up compared to standard 4004's and the bass is mint and rare. What's not to like.

Plus Ash is a top Basschatter too.

Second that...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • ash changed the title to Rickenbacker 4004 Laredo 2015 Jetglo sold