Why become a member? ×

Smallest decent tuner

Jakester

Does anyone have any recommendations for the smallest, but still decent, tuner?

I currently use an older TC Polytune which works fine, but takes up a lot of space on my PB. 

I'm considering rejigging things and getting something half the size of the PT would be good. 

I've looked at the PT mini and Korg Pitchblack mini, and they look like they'd do the job, but I wondered if there was anything smaller? It could be 'always on' so footswitch not necessarily needed (as the preamp pedal I have has a footswitch mute and dedicated tuner out.

The Korg Pitchblack XS and the Boss Tu3S look like contenders but I haven't seen them in the flesh so it's difficult to judge. 

Plus there's the plethora of mini tuners on Amazon/eBay - are any of them any good?

Finally, I've tried the Pedaltrain SST and it was awful. Really struggled with bass frequencies so I got shot of it. 

I would prefer a board-based tuner as I swap instruments a lot - I do have some clip-ons but they're not always as convenient as a pedal. 

3 hours ago, Boodang said:

I put a Peterson Stroboclip on every bass I use so it's off my board and they more or less live on headstock permanently. 

14 hours ago, Jakester said:

I would prefer a board-based tuner as I swap instruments a lot - I do have some clip-ons but they're not always as convenient as a pedal

• 3 months later...
On 07/02/2023 at 18:21, jrixn1 said:

I had a Swiff Audio C10

Thanks for bumping this - I actually got one of these, and it's been great. Tuning seems at least as accurate as my old Polytune. 

14 minutes ago, baldwinbass said:

the Peterson StroboStomp Mini is coming soon

I will keep my eyes peeled.