Why become a member? ×

Why are my favourite pedals beige

ped

10 minutes ago, lidl e said:

You need a vintage white jazz bass to go with. 

I’ve got an 83 stingray but it’s one of the white ones with better UV resistance so it’s still bright white. Never really been a fan of yellowed white on basses tbh

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, ped said:

I’ve got an 83 stingray but it’s one of the white ones with better UV resistance so it’s still bright white. Never really been a fan of yellowed white on basses tbh

Right now, the inly bass I'm gassing for is a vintage white P.

Im gathering the parts for a build. Tryjng to decide if i should do the finish myself or not.

I just got this white pedal. It's the biz.

20221225_125148.thumb.jpg.aa9be0e3dc8de593f720ff2e046fd980.jpg

• Like 1

On 09/01/2023 at 12:19, admiralchew said:

The OBNE Procession reverb and flanger is nicely beige (with Dune graphics) and is a great pedal too.

Moose Electronics have a lovely ebony Sundrive which I would be grateful if somebody could buy before I’m tempted.

My faves ended up being beige just by chance but now I'm wondering if I should seek out beige pedals like a new sort of fetish so thanks for that 😂

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, ped said:

My faves ended up being beige just by chance but now I'm wondering if I should seek out beige pedals like a new sort of fetish so thanks for that 😂

That is exactly how most bizarre obsessions start, I'm seeing the 2032 Netflix documentary 'Beige' about a man who's whole life is dominated by it, the custom beige strings, bridges and tuners, the beige power cables..... 

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Beedster said:

That is exactly how most bizarre obsessions start, I'm seeing the 2032 Netflix documentary 'Beige' about a man who's whole life is dominated by it, the custom beige strings, bridges and tuners, the beige power cables..... 

It looks like my entire pedalboard is on NHS prescription (said my current wife)

A little known Beatles fact is that plans for the 1968 Beige Album met with widespread disapproval at the focus group stage forcing a rethink. The rest, as they say, is history.

However, as experts have subsequently often remarked, it's no coincidence that as the original album ages, it's cover morphs more towards it's original intended colour scheme......

image.png.da1d0b8eeb7b900b4a1d335469fea2a0.png

• Haha 1

Beige Floyd 

Known from albums such as:

"Piper at the Gates of Beige"

"A Saucerful Full of Beige"

"Obscured by Beige"

"Beige Side of the Moon"

"Wish You Were Beige"

So, so you think you can tell
Heaven from beige?
Beige skies from pain?
Can you tell a beige field
From a beige steel rail?
A smile from beige?
Do you think you can tell?

Did they get you to trade
Your heroes for beige?
Hot ashes for beige?
Hot air for a beige breeze?
Cold comfort for beige?
Did you exchange
A walk-on part in beige
For a leading role in beige?

How I wish, how I wish you were beige
We're just two beige souls
Swimming in beige
Year after year
Running over the same old beige
What have we found?
The same old beige
Wish you were beige

Edited by Baloney Balderdash
  • Haha 1

I feel your pain too.
I now have colour zones on my pedal board. Black pedals/psu along the top, gold/brown pedals on the bottom left and white pedals on the right with a white lead into a white P bass  I even have a short white lead between the tuner and the Wah! ED3054E6-C0D8-4565-BD26-26C0971A947E.thumb.jpeg.5d44e6c9a2e66f5213cdd12bb6fb75c8.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I saw your board on the 'show us your' thread and noticed the nice colour arrangement! I'm interested in the phase 90; I have one too but haven't had much time using it live. And it doesn't fit with my colour scheme anyway so pah! The SD comp is a nice bit of kit btw. I used to have the bass was and now I see they do a mini one...