Why become a member? ×

Pfretzschner aluminium/aluminum double bass on eBay

Beedster

14 hours ago, alyctes said:

Wow....

I am so tempted to try to arrange a visit...  I really, really want to know what that sounds like.

Reveal hidden contents

I better not.  I haven't got space for a DB ;)

The seller has now added a youtube link, enjoy!

• Like 2

My tax bill has come in and a great degree under predictions, which means I’ve bid on this. Quite possibly I’ll get nowhere near it, but you have to try.

I’ve had a nice chat with the seller and he seems like a great guy so if I don’t win it and you do, I’m sure you can be confident it’ll be everything it says it is.

But please let me win it.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, Burns-bass said:

My tax bill has come in and a great degree under predictions, which means I’ve bid on this. Quite possibly I’ll get nowhere near it, but you have to try.

I’ve had a nice chat with the seller and he seems like a great guy so if I don’t win it and you do, I’m sure you can be confident it’ll be everything it says it is.

it’ll do percussive mate 👍

2 hours ago, Burns-bass said:

Good luck!

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Beedster said:

Theory rarely survives application 🤔

True! I’ve got a Bryant double bass that I bought from new. It’s amazing, sounds incredible, but is a bit too refined. When I took it out of the case there was a hushed awe and it just felt too nice an instrument to take out to the practices and stuff I do.

If this one doesn’t work out, I’ll pick up a cheaper ply bass or old carved one (interested in the one listed here!). 

• Like 1

On 16/01/2023 at 22:54, NickA said:

Don't hold their value then.  Whereas wood gets better with age (aledgedly) aluminium probably work hardens.

The $13k price tag is a US antique dealer, I suspect it will sell for significantly less if at all :)