• Facstudio
    • Leonard Smalls
    • MoonBassAlpha
    • Nail Soup
    • Lurksalot
    • SH73
    • upside downer

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 01/01/23 at 23:59

Yes its the cover song challenge time of year and we have some great entries again this time

all for fun but there is some incredible effort gone into these so give them a listen and choose your favourite 3 

image.png.5c7a45269c8d8e43662521f451f6335f.png

voting will end at midnight on New Years Day 

1 @Nicko    What better than 2 minutes and 47 seconds of late 70s modfather.  

@Dad3353   A staple of our repertoire, I've cut out a little of the intro build-up, to keep to the time constraints

3 @FacStudio   The inspiration behind this is my love of Biffy.

4 @Leonard Smalls   Here's a little something my band recorded live (but in a studio!) back in October and mixed by me

@MoonBassAlpha  As suggested by my friend Rob for an occasional get-together we have with another school friend Paul (we used to jam together and did a couple of gigs). The parts were subsequently recorded remotely, and mixed by me

6 @Nail Soup I was stuck for a song, until this popped into my head - originally just to perform at a local acoustic session. It's old favourite of John Peel. It got a lot of JP plays at the time, but not sure it made much traction outside of his show. But it's stayed with me over the years anyway!

7 Lurksalot   mine is sooo boring , I had some ideas to make more interesting but ran out of both time and skill :D

8 @SH73  Here is my contribution. Drums are Ez Drums, the rest is played and recorded by me.

9 @upside downer  Here's mine. It's a cover of Every Man's An Island by Jah Wobble and the Invaders of the Heart from the acclaimed 1991 album Rising Above Bedlam.

That's your lot then 

get your 3 votes in before the end of New Years Day 

:sun_bespectacled:

• Thanks 3

Well done to both Dad and Nail for their winning entries :hi:I'm guessing most of us know of the Radiohead song that @Dad3353 and his lads played but I can't have been the only one who had to bung 'send my Giro to Cairo' into a search engine to find out who did the original of @Nail Soup's tune. A hidden gem!

Edited by upside downer
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, upside downer said:

I can't have been the only one who had to bung 'send my Giro to Cairo' into a search engine to find out who did the original of @Nail Soup's tune. A hidden gem!

Yes indeed it's not very well known, but does deserve the title 'hidden gem'" - if anyone is interested it's "Bloody" by The Golinski Brothers.

But things could be looking up for the song.... my 2021 entry to the December covers competition was Goo Goo Muck by The Cramps. It subsequently went viral in 2022 thanks to the hit Addams Family spin-off 'Wednesday' - so maybe "Bloody" could follow?:

Edited by Nail Soup
  • Like 1