Why become a member? ×

Peavey Fury USA Price drop £150 collected - *SOLD*
£200
South Benfleet

Paul S

Having a cull!

Peavey Fury.  Some might call it a Mk I, possibly a '92.  USA built P bass with a narrow neck.  I bought this from Davie @kodiakblair a couple of years back and it was, as he described, in 'roadkill' condition.  Tidied up, new parchment scratchplate, electrics fixed (though a little crackly).  Paint has aged to a lovely warm cream.  Neck is a dream, tone is killer - a very aggressive precision tone.  Lightweight.  Strung with TI Flats

8lbs/3.6kg

37mm at the nut

19mm spacing at the bridge

Priced to sell at £200, £150 collection only at the moment from South Benfleet, Essex, or maybe meet half way within an hour from here for £170. 

IMG_20221210_123023.jpg

IMG_20221210_123032.jpg

IMG_20221210_123047.jpg

IMG_20221210_123102.jpg

Edited by Paul S
  • Like 25

2 hours ago, Paul S said:

Funny how the market waxes and wanes - these come along so rarely and a couple of years ago this would have gone on the first day!  Bump for a 'USA quality bass for less than a Squier' :) 

Agreed. Much nicer looking too.

I'm mortified when bargains like this come up in the UK and I have no (practical) access to buying them. 

Then again, it's probably a good thing. Otherwise I'd have a garage full of 40kg Trace Elliott cabs by now. 😆

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

3 hours ago, Paul S said:

Funny how the market waxes and wanes - these come along so rarely and a couple of years ago this would have gone on the first day!  Bump for a 'USA quality bass for less than a Squier' :) 

Well, four years ago I'd probably have bought it...  Nowadays I'm trying to reduce my bass complement.  Without success, I might add...

• Haha 2

Glad to hear it Ciaran :) I guess it must have thawed out eventually :D 

These USA Peaveys are astonshingly good basses.  Then factor in how cheap they are secondhand and it beggars belief, really.  I wish they'd made a short scale...

• Like 3

I’m still loving the Antoria Paul! I’d trust your opinion on a bass any day. I’m a sucker for white and maple but the rack is over spilling and I need to move stuff on before even thinking about it 😂

Edited by itsmedunc
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, itsmedunc said:

I’m still loving the Antoria Paul! I’d trust your opinion on a bass any day. I’m a sucker for white and maple but the rack is over spilling and I need to move stuff on before even thinking about it 😂

Just get a bigger rack, Dunc. :D 

• Haha 2

• Paul S changed the title to Peavey Fury USA Price drop £150 collected

@Muppet sent me some strings for nothing, just asked that I pass the favour on.  So I am dropping the collected price of this by £50 to a ridiculous £150.  That's right - £200 was already stupidly cheap, now even more so.  I'll meet within an hours drive from SE Essex (I know, some days that won't get me to the dartford Crossing) for £170.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I seriously cannot understand why this is still here.  I'm giving it away, practically! 

And pick up from SE Essex isn't a big deal - 20 mins from J30 M25.  You only need passport and jabs if you're going onto Canvey Island. :) 

• Haha 1

mate if my warwick rockbass had sold i'd defo consider this - sadly i need that to go before i can even consider buying anything else (or the wife might kill me in my sleep  -  or awake - or just for fun)
GL with sale - but if the rockbass goes before this does i'll be in touch

17 hours ago, Paul S said:

I seriously cannot understand why this is still here.  I'm giving it away, practically! 

And pick up from SE Essex isn't a big deal - 20 mins from J30 M25.  You only need passport and jabs if you're going onto Canvey Island. :) 

Nor can I Paul..?? 

The bass looks in such good condition and was an utter bargain at £200 for a USA built instrument, let alone £150!

I had a Peavey T40 many moons ago, and the build quality on it was superb, so I imagine this will be every bit as good. 

Anyway, good luck with it and hopefully, someone - who needs a quality 4 string - will come to their senses soon and snap it up from you ! 

• Thanks 1