Why become a member? ×

What chorus pedal

EmmettC

I'm currently using a Digitech bass multi chorus. I'm in a wedding band and it only gets used for 80s rock, (sweet child o mine, don't stop believing etc) and it sounds great, or more accurately it sounds the right kind of bad.

It's been getting noisier over the last few months though, so it's probably time for a new one. What should I get? I don't use chorus in any band apart from the wedding band, so I don't want to spend too much and it needs to have a certain amount of cheesiness with absolutely no subtlety. 

I'm thinking about the TC Corona, because I can get lots of choruses with tone print, Boss because there are loads of them around or another Digitech because I know it works.

What else should I be considering?

• Like 1

I had a Behringer Ultra Chorus which I thought was really good, very much a cheap Boss copy. As chorus is quite a integral part of my sound, I thought it would be wise to invest in a much better chorus pedal so I bought the TC Corona. It makes a cleaner sounding chorus over the Behringer but I just didn't get on with it and found no matter what toneprint I tried, it darkened my overall sound and added a boost in bass frequencies so in the end I've gone back to the £20 Behringer.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, LukeFRC said:

Not easy to find though

There’s usually one or two on eBay. Here’s one

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/304672459306?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=oNpKAk_ZTl6&sssrc=2349624&ssuid=om7uGMI4RRi&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY

Often people don’t show the battery compartment so worth asking if the seller doesn’t know. 

17 minutes ago, ped said:

There’s usually one or two on eBay. Here’s one

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/304672459306?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=oNpKAk_ZTl6&sssrc=2349624&ssuid=om7uGMI4RRi&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY

Often people don’t show the battery compartment so worth asking if the seller doesn’t know. 

Should of waited for this thread before I bought ouwt! 
to be fair I think it was the size of the dano that put me off - the valtone clone of the ce-1 was also tempting and fairly cheap 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, LukeFRC said:

Should of waited for this thread before I bought ouwt! 
to be fair I think it was the size of the dano that put me off - the valtone clone of the ce-1 was also tempting and fairly cheap 

Yeah it’s massive and heavy. I don’t mind that though for some reason most of my fave pedals are right chonks