Why become a member? ×

Old man, new member

Wild Cayote

Hi
I am new here, not new to bass though. I've been alive since 1979 and I've been playing bass since 1990. I played in several metal/ hard rock bands in New Orleans and San Francisco, then I took a break from playing from 2012 - 2020, I just started back end of last year. I don't play in a band as of now, I'm honestly still a little rusty and I just started playing a fretless, so there's a bit of a learning curve there. Honestly it hasn't been all that difficult getting used to a fretless, it's probably been more challenging just getting back into it after 10 or so years downtime.

I've never been much of a gear head, I always thought my playing spoke for itself. This time around I've tried to be more conscious about tone and buying decent gear, but I don't know very much about it. So in some ways I kinda am a newbie, and that's what I'm here to do, learn about gear.

Right topic.  If you wanted to talk about music here you'd likely get little response.  But GEAR... you may expect many, many advices on that.  Oh, and I predate you by 25 years, so you are not exactly old.

Edited by lownote
  • Like 2

Welcome , where are you living now Cayote? Fretless is a joy. It will take time to become comfortable , and your ear will improve. I picked it up for a number of years and then went back to fretted instruments.

I regret selling my fretless Pbass.

On 21/10/2022 at 08:05, lownote said:

Oh, and I predate you by 25 years, so you are not exactly old.

And I predate you by 33 years and have been here for over 20. Welcome, you’ll find a great bunch with loads of knowledge and information.

• Like 3

• 1 month later...