Why become a member? ×

Show us your rig of choice for the weekend ** Basschat edition**

bassace97

Trying out a setup at tonight's rehearshal for this weekends gig. Perhaps just a tad overkill for a small pub venue. Glorious sounding combination though and another tick on the bucket list of fantasy gig rigs.  MK500 + '98 P-bass + custom 2x12 500 watt ported Marshall cab running @ 4 ohms. Lots of cubic inches does seem to make a difference. 

mk500.thumb.jpg.95315c43ff8510412c9e3af35536ea61.jpg

• Like 6

On 25/09/2023 at 11:52, Chimike said:

Last Nights Rock 'n Roll gig setup. Only a 1 x 12 in that old Vox Cab !

Worked a treat, Great Fun.

DSC_7857.thumb.JPG.f6b535f7d46c2fecd6ae4345a993d1bd.JPG

DSC_7856.thumb.JPG.91f880cb5e67e63e39178f95fafe7900.JPG

Are those chrome cab/amp stands original Vox hardware?

I know Jan used them at one point , but he’s away on the motorbike , I’ll ask when he’s back in Stockholm. 

edit 

… my other friend there simply said he stopped making them some years ago. I’ve asked if he knows anything more

Edited by msb

7 minutes ago, msb said:

I know Jan used them at one point , but he’s away on the motorbike , I’ll ask when he’s back in Stockholm. 

edit 

… my other friend there simply said he stopped making them some years ago. I’ve asked if he knows anything more

Yeah, let me know if you hear anything. I was in fairly regular contact with Tommy, but I’ve drawn a blank.

Just got this “ he kind of fell off the map, moved his business but things obviously didnt work out. No one in our little bass community has heard from Tommy for long time.”

Still waiting to hear from Jan.

• 3 weeks later...

I've just joined a Fleetwood Mac tribute band so a simple rig is what's needed now.  I had about 4 weeks to learn the book before the gig which was fine.

I've stripped my pedal board down to a TC tuner and a SansAmp VT DI.  I played my Limelight "Pino" all night but took my '89 Ray as a spare. I'm working on getting a bitsa P as my back-up. I used my trusty Little Mark II amp and Barefaced 2x12 cab.  I bought a Xvive wireless IEM system to go with my ZS10s and everything worked & sounded great.  We have lots of gigs booked & a great drummer so I'm looking forward to treading the boards again after a quiet 2022 & 23.

IMG_2110.thumb.JPG.74d1c8b8c3a2152e734752bc8a985928.JPG

• Like 6

On 01/10/2023 at 08:53, wateroftyne said:

Yeah, let me know if you hear anything. I was in fairly regular contact with Tommy, but I’ve drawn a blank.

Finally got a note from another friend in Stockholm …

He did start to answer messages in 2020 and said that he would start building speakers again very soon but went totally silent again soon after. And he has been silent ever since. Basically impossible to get a hold of. I know where he lives north of Stockholm but no phone no, does not answer mail, he is on Facebook/has a account but not active. Cleaned his friends list etc. Sent a message to a friend that knows him well. Will write you when he has replied. But I unfortunately have a feeling that Tommy is not doing very well and I find it likely that he won´t ever start to build speakers again. Or at least not any time soon..... Great fellow. Made fantastic speakers. Sad......

• 4 weeks later...
On 28/09/2023 at 10:34, Chimike said:

Ha,

Well spotted !

Proper Vox stand under my bass cab, couple of spacers, as the cab is a smidge wider. The stands under the ac30/15's are repurposed old school desks, tops removed, and turned around.

Stack easy in the car, too !

No floor coupling?

image.thumb.png.356940de890449919cfe7bc76861c916.png

Eden WT800 into TechSoundsystems 2x12. Tokai Hardpuncher bass. Effects are a Zoom B1Four for a bit of compression, tuner and stuff, a Sansamp programmable for 3x sounds (basic, crunch and drive) and a Zvex Basstortion with a MicroThumpinator. Sounds awesome though I say so myself.

• Like 1