Why become a member? ×

Show us your rig of choice for the weekend ** Basschat edition**

bassace97

This was out tonight at TTT Motorcycle Sudbury…!

429BC2B2-13D1-42CF-AD48-1AF523CE43A7.thumb.jpeg.91ae967ec07adf43dea7424f1c7f2fde.jpeg

of course, sound man spilled a mug of coffee over my new pedals (all except Polytune arrived this week for my bday). Dried them in a rush and they all seem to be working, but man, what the ffffffflip…!?!?!

Will not play them for a couple days and pray they still work as they did, happy to hear any tips just in case 😢 

• Like 8
  • Sad 1

56 minutes ago, Ander87 said:

This was out tonight at TTT Motorcycle Sudbury…!

429BC2B2-13D1-42CF-AD48-1AF523CE43A7.thumb.jpeg.91ae967ec07adf43dea7424f1c7f2fde.jpeg

of course, sound man spilled a mug of coffee over my new pedals (all except Polytune arrived this week for my bday). Dried them in a rush and they all seem to be working, but man, what the ffffffflip…!?!?!

Will not play them for a couple days and pray they still work as they did, happy to hear any tips just in case 😢 

Tip.. go round the sound man's place and say that'll be (insert total cost price of new pedals) please... 

Don't forget to be holding "Lucille" style baseball bat over shoulder when you knock for him... 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Second gig for the Stealth Bongo, and probably 50+ gig for the Mesa Subway D800+ amp and Subway cabs. Love the rig, and really loving the Bongo, which kinda surprised me. I had one before, and we didn’t gel, but boy have I gelled with this one.

None more black, eh?

7A2236C2-877D-4817-A61D-710C45C706BA.thumb.jpeg.b04736d1cc273a9284a2f76e81ab9cfd.jpeg

• Like 4

Monique does not disappoint. The Berg is a very clean, modern , transparent , hifi amp , Monique turns that into a thick , warm , old school tube thump. And doesn’t weigh ninety five pounds. The Forte provides some serious slam. 

I’m a believer.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, msb said:

Monique does not disappoint. The Berg is a very clean, modern , transparent , hifi amp , Monique turns that into a thick , warm , old school tube thump. And doesn’t weigh ninety five pounds. The Forte provides some serious slam. 

I’m a believer.

I think the VBA400 is about 40kg alone, that sounds like bliss!

Hoping to use this rig at the weekend. It's the Harry D special named after its only previous owner. Harry bought it as an 1115 combo in 1985 and at some point in the nineties chopped the head off to make it a head and cab. The pre amp is an AH150 GP11 MK V and the amp section is an AH150 4 x mosfet air cooled power section. The cab has its original 38 year old Fane Sovereign 15-250w cast frame driver and even now sounds phenomonal. I recently posted this cab on a thread and tried using port tubes to change the cab tuning but in real world testing it sounded its best with the orignal TE tuning. The whole shee-bang was recovered and refurbished in a fetching alligator tolex from the eighties I'd bought years ago from a disco supplies web shop. It's fairly unique in that its a combo chopped into a cab and head but it sounds awesome and has that TE sound anyone whos ever used old school TE stuff will recognize. 38 years and still going strong. I had to consider if bass-chatters will be posting 38 years and still going strong about their boutique class D heads in years to come? Hmm I would suspect not!🙃

IMG_1885.thumb.jpeg.5139d582bfe9f25897aea833dcbb38e9.jpeg

Edited by DGBass
  • Like 7

On 04/03/2023 at 22:45, Ander87 said:

Will not play them for a couple days and pray they still work as they did, happy to hear any tips just in case

I can confirm they work perfectly, opened them and no issue whatsoever so I must be lucky - also they must show the quality of sealing around knobs etc… they were dripping!

… and plus now I have the nicest scented pedals in the business!!

• Like 1

Those little MB200s are great little amps. I was using one at home for practice and the fan stopped working. I didn’t realize it at the time , the Ice power module had a meltdown and the pink ring of doom appeared.

I looked around for a replacement and decided it really was the perfect little rig for my requirements at the time , so I was going to try and get it fixed , or replace it with another if that did not work out. Some say that you just throw out mini Class D heads when they break down … I used a qualified repair person, and today the amp works perfectly. 
And I like to hear fans working…

• Like 2

2 hours ago, msb said:

Those little MB200s are great little amps. I was using one at home for practice and the fan stopped working. I didn’t realize it at the time , the Ice power module had a meltdown and the pink ring of doom appeared.

I looked around for a replacement and decided it really was the perfect little rig for my requirements at the time , so I was going to try and get it fixed , or replace it with another if that did not work out. Some say that you just throw out mini Class D heads when they break down … I used a qualified repair person, and today the amp works perfectly. 
And I like to hear fans working…

I have three of them…I love them…😎

• Like 1

Posted this in the Ashdown ABM owners thread but it’s worthy of posting here too. My rig this weekend, Ashdown ABM 400 Neo 1x15 combo, with Ashdown 1x15 Neo cab. Together for the southern rock band, the combo on its own for the Country/Americana band. Fretted, fretless and NS NXT EUB. 

556533A9-4998-4B4C-81A7-6B7CF5CA1424.jpeg

• Like 3

I’m back to the practice rig for several days , much of the time will be using headphones and the little Hotone amp , but this morning for a change fired up the HeadLite. It’s not a bad little head , sounds fine at low volume with the little PhilJones C2. Spending a surprising amount of time playing the HiFlier.

2C4598E5-E8E2-4AB6-972A-7C8F1621BDCA.jpeg

• Like 2

1 hour ago, msb said:but this morning for a change fired up the HeadLite. It’s not a bad little head , sounds fine at low volume with the little PhilJones C2. Spending a surprising amount of time playing the HiFlier.

Ooh Headlite 😍