Why become a member? ×

Bravewood 66 Jazz Bass ON HOLD - *SOLD*
£1750
Great Ayton

Ashborygirl

Now sold.  Thanks for all the interest.

Due to the ongoing saga of the daughter's car I am forced to part with this magnificent bass.

Everyone knows about Bravewoods, they're truly spectacular instruments, and this one is no different.  Having owned various Road worns & Custom Shop relics, a Nash, a Suhr Antique & and an Xotic, I can safely say this trumps all of them.  That is no mean feat since they were some exceptional basses.  For some reason though Bravewood seem to have found the secret ingredient that takes the relic thing as close as it could ever be to an original.  Having had long term access to a '68 Jazz I can say the Bravewood sits way closer to it than any other bass I've played.  You just have to look at that rosewood fingerboard, super dark and glossy just like the real deal.

Anyway, exceptional build quality & attention to detail, exceptional tones & playability and at half the price of a Fender CS.  Whoever gets this bass will love it.  Everything works as it should, frets are tip top & its nicely set up with a new set of Ernie Ball Cobalt flats.  Bass comes with a Hiscox hard case but I have no packing materials so this is a collection only job.  It means you get to visit Great Ayton, a beautiful village, population 4000 and only 6 surnames.  It's twinned with itself & most of the locals still point at planes.

No trades thank you, poppa needs to eat.

20220705_140947.jpg

20220705_141004.jpg

20220705_141032.jpg

20220705_141036.jpg

20220705_141043.jpg

20220705_141055.jpg

20220705_141108.jpg

20220705_141117.jpg

Edited by Ashborygirl
  • Like 14
  • Haha 4

• Ashborygirl changed the title to Bravewood 66 Jazz Bass ON HOLD
1 hour ago, ossyrocks said:

What does it weigh?

Also, would you be willing to meet somewhere in between, say Barnard Castle?

Rob

If you can get in the car park for all the people testing their eyesight 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Quasar79 said:

Thanks! How do they sound? ( i believe good, but maybe you can describe the sound;)  )

Bravewood seems to have used bareknuckles then radioshop and more recently Alan Dingwall for his pickups 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Quasar79 said:

Thanks! How do they sound? ( i believe good, but maybe you can describe the sound;)  )

I always struggle describing sound.  What I'd say is, until I was told they were BKs, I assumed they were likely vintage units.  I find most current vintage voiced Jazz pickups sound way too honky at the bridge - like it's come to define the vintage J bass sound.  The 68 I've had use of had the honk but it wasn't overpowering & it isn't with the BKs either.  It's a smoother, more balanced tone that still has that burpyness going on but more besides.  If I was looking to upgrade a J bass then the BKs would be on my go to list. 

• Like 1

• Ashborygirl changed the title to Bravewood 66 Jazz Bass SOLD