Why become a member? ×

Commission Sale

FunkyDude

16 hours ago, mybass said:

Visit the shop again, face to face can work.

I did actually go to the workshop but he has one of those CCTV doorbell which can answer calls remotely. He told me he wasn't in the workshop and asked me to return next week! I am sure he was inside but I ain't going to sit outside all day as it's just going to get me more annoyed. But thanks to you guys, it all worked out now. 😊

Edited by FunkyDude
  • Thanks 1

I just sold two saxes on commission through Stoke based Sax Shack. Couldn't have been more professional. Thanks to whoever on here tipped me off about them. 

FYI I went over to look at OP's problem shop, Bexley Brass.  My computer's AV app promptly had a fit and removed me, telling me I'd narrowly avoided a nasty something or other. I am now left wondering whether my AV is just usually efficient at detecting virii, or can actually detect a dodgy trader.

Edited by lownote
  • Haha 1

On 24/06/2022 at 09:16, Happy Jack said:

I'll name no names, but my bad experiences (a decade ago, remember) involved some shops that normally get a free pass on Basschat.

Likewise. Probably the same shop.

Everybody's fave Bass shop on here tried to stiff me while my £1500 bass was on commission sale. The thing disapeared, and to this day it has never reappeared. Of course the owner knew what happened. I just got told a huge pack of lies, and where the story changed in the middle of the debacle. More lies.

After 3 months of back and forth  BS, i did the threat.  I was paid within a few days.

I've never known such an outright lying scumbag.  I wouldn't buy an E string off them, and havent bought a single item off them since

11 hours ago, fleabag said:

Everybody's fave Bass shop on here tried to stiff me while my £1500 bass was on commission sale. The thing disapeared, and to this day it has never reappeared. Of course the owner knew what happened. I just got told a huge pack of lies, and where the story changed in the middle of the debacle. More lies.

After 3 months of back and forth  BS, i did the threat.  I was paid within a few days.

I've never known such an outright lying scumbag.  I wouldn't buy an E string off them, and havent bought a single item off them since

Hmm.....terrible ppl preying on us sweet loving bassists. I could probably guess the name of the shop as there aren't that many around. The owner is a well known bell end and very rude at the shop especially if you are not buying. 

Glad that you, finally, get your money. 

11 hours ago, fleabag said:

Everybody's fave Bass shop...

Certainly not mine... the man is a tool. Lies, misinformation, zero replies to issues. I think there's a good few people that feel the same. If you buy something and there's no issues, then you're OK, if there's even the mildest of issues then prepare for a battle. 

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, binky_bass said:

Certainly not mine... the man is a tool. Lies, misinformation, zero replies to issues. I think there's a good few people that feel the same. If you buy something and there's no issues, then you're OK, if there's even the mildest of issues then prepare for a battle. 

Mmm. This is a worry for me over a forthcoming build/purchase. I've certainly spent my fair share of cash there over the years, but thinking about it, I've never been faced with any issues with anything I've bought.

1 hour ago, hiram.k.hackenbacker said:

Mmm. This is a worry for me over a forthcoming build/purchase. I've certainly spent my fair share of cash there over the years, but thinking about it, I've never been faced with any issues with anything I've bought.

If it's the shop I think it is, I've had a few issues over the years, be that couriers causing damage and requiring a replacement to be sent, or just returning something for being kinda disappointing or not quite as described, and everything has always been sorted to my satisfaction thus far - occasionally with a free strap or strings to say sorry. I don't see any reason that they'd class me as a special customer worthy of VIP treatment either. Absolutely not questioning the validity or challenging the veracity of anyone else's experiences - just commenting on my own.

I did have a problem with a shop when I tried to sell my violin. They actually sold it to me as a handmade German violin, but when I stopped playing and took it back for them to sell it on commission they described it as a cheap Chinese kit violin which wasn't really their thing. When presented with the original invoice they changed their mind and agreed to sell it, but then after a significant amount of time with no news we chased them up and were told that they couldn't find it - we must have collected it back from them at some point. They eventually located it - filthy, stuffed under a bench in the workshop, case seemingly never opened since the day it was taken in, and after a less than cordial conversation they brushed some of the detritus off the case, pushed it back across the counter and suggested that we never darken their door again. Oddly enough, I hadn't planned to. I don't believe they're trading any longer.

• 1 month later...
On 13/07/2022 at 19:24, fleabag said:

Can I get a clue as to the shop or DM me? I have some shocking experiences in a couple of shops in the last year.. 

On 13/07/2022 at 19:24, fleabag said:

What was your bass? Chances are one of us might have bought it.