Why become a member? ×

Sadowsky's are that good!!

bubinga5

I played my basses against each other this evening over the same loop... and ive come to the conclusion that the bass that stands above everything else is the Sadowsky.. The fender 75 is a class act, and the StingRay5 is awsome, the Lakland is great, the Ostinato is just pure funk,, but nothing touches this bass for amazing across the FB tone.. Its like a tone of butter and chocolate thats got the most incredible punch..i defy any bass to sound as good as my RV5..( a matter of opinion of course)

I really do think Roger has the art of Electric Bass making down.....The Preamp is a masterpiece IMHO....coupled with the amazing quality..I think, if you can, everyone should try out a Sadowsky..if you like the tone , you will never look back...

I just wanted to share my love.

Surely Alleva's cant be that much better?

Where's Chris?

[quote name='bubinga5' post='460988' date='Apr 13 2009, 05:41 AM']I played my basses against each other this evening over the same loop... and ive come to the conclusion that the bass that stands above everything else is the Sadowsky..[/quote]

I am VERY glad to read this :)

[quote name='bubinga5' post='460988' date='Apr 13 2009, 05:41 AM']I played my basses against each other this evening over the same loop... and ive come to the conclusion that the bass that stands above everything else is the Sadowsky.. The fender 75 is a class act, and the StingRay5 is awsome, the Lakland is great, the Ostinato is just pure funk,, but nothing touches this bass for amazing across the FB tone.. Its like a tone of butter and chocolate thats got the most incredible punch..i defy any bass to sound as good as my RV5..( a matter of opinion of course)

I really do think Roger has the art of Electric Bass making down.....The Preamp is a masterpiece IMHO....coupled with the amazing quality..I think, if you can, everyone should try out a Sadowsky..if you like the tone , you will never look back...

I just wanted to share my love.

Surely Alleva's cant be that much better?

Where's Chris?[/quote]

Ey up!!

:)

Ive got to agree with you mate! since i got my NYC all other basses ive tried just dont do it for me! apart from my Metro RS4 of course!!

The build/sound quality of the Metro range is in my opinion just as good as the NYC! they really know what they're doing!

Since getting my RS4 im really happy!! i dont see me changing them for a long time! unless someone sells me an Alleva Coppollo!! hahahhaaha

:rolleyes:

I was doing the same thing with my Celinder and Sadowsky over the same loop a couple of nights ago and I just can't seperate them. They're very different basses and are designed to do different things. I could poay my Celinder in any band, anywhere and the tone would fit right in.

I didn't want that when I got my Sadowsky - I wanted an absolute chainsaw beast to cut through any band (heavy music) so I went for the most aggressive style, woods and pickups and I'm so happy. It's like a sledgehammer. I love it and it sounds great. I'm already planning my next one (silver burst I think!).

[quote name='Toasted' post='461243' date='Apr 13 2009, 02:32 PM']I was doing the same thing with my Celinder and Sadowsky over the same loop a couple of nights ago and I just can't seperate them. They're very different basses and are designed to do different things. I could poay my Celinder in any band, anywhere and the tone would fit right in.

I didn't want that when I got my Sadowsky - I wanted an absolute chainsaw beast to cut through any band (heavy music) so I went for the most aggressive style, woods and pickups and I'm so happy. It's like a sledgehammer. I love it and it sounds great. I'm already planning my next one (silver burst I think!).[/quote]

we still need to hang out sometime man!

it would be great to compare basses!

:)

i wish i could afford to plan my next sadowsky!!

i reckon it'd be an NYC PJ in some metallic or candy colour with matching headstock!

hmmmmmmmm

i wish the exchange rate wasn't so crap at the moment!!

yep, ive owned loads of basses and the sadowsky modern 5 i have right now works in every context...the other day i did a pub gig in leeds with a beringer 90 amp (which was a bad as it sounds!) but still people complemented the bass......
by the way joes celinder is also Very special!

[quote name='PauBass' post='466156' date='Apr 18 2009, 02:18 PM']:D

I agree with you've said guys, I'm now the proud owner of a Sadowsky UV70-MB-Ash and it's the best bass I've ever played!
The feel, the neck, the sound, the tone across the fretboard... ummmm, I'm in love! :)

[/quote]

Now thats what i call gorgeous!!

:rolleyes:

[quote name='PauBass' post='466156' date='Apr 18 2009, 02:18 PM']:and it's the best bass I've ever played!
The feel, the neck, the sound, the tone across the fretboard... ummmm, I'm in love! :)

[/quote]

Hope it works out, and it does look nice.
But the amount of times i have seen that said on Basschat,
Then not so long after it appears in 'Basses for sale or trade'... :rolleyes:

Garry

[quote name='lowdown' post='466619' date='Apr 19 2009, 11:25 AM']Hope it works out, and it does look nice.
But the amount of times i have seen that said on Basschat,
Then not so long after it appears in 'Basses for sale or trade'... :rolleyes:

Garry[/quote]

Thanks guys!

I can honestly say you won't see this one up for sale...that's how confident I am with this one. Apart from the money I've paid, ticks all the boxes I wanted and the playability is excellent...it's all I've ever wanted on a bass.
I'll sell some of my other basses but this one is going nowhere. :)

[quote name='PauBass' post='466828' date='Apr 19 2009, 06:22 PM']Thanks guys!

I can honestly say you won't see this one up for sale...that's how confident I am with this one. Apart from the money I've paid, ticks all the boxes I wanted and the playability is excellent...it's all I've ever wanted on a bass.
I'll sell some of my other basses but this one is going nowhere. :)[/quote]

I can play any style of music with my Sadowsky and it sounds great. I have zero GAS for any other bass brand.

Edited by Fran Diaz

[quote name='Fran Diaz' post='467083' date='Apr 19 2009, 11:03 PM']I can play any style of music with my Sadowsky and it sounds great. I have zero GAS for any other bass brand.

[/quote]

+ 1

I'm having the neck "glossed" on my UV70 - (just think a 70's Jazz should have a glossy neck) , i'm havinbg the work done by Dave Wilson who does the finishing on Stefan Sobel's £20k acoustics..... it won't be a fender "dipped in lacquer sticky as anything" jobbie like the USA 75 Reissues....

You get my Sadowsky when you prize it from my cold dead hands......