Why become a member? ×

200% of attachment limit

Nail Soup

Question

11 answers to this question

3 minutes ago, Nail Soup said:

I just tried to make a post, including an image but I got a message saying "You have used all of the attachment space you are allowed. Manage Attachments to free up space" ... seems I am at 202% (or something) of my limit .

Is this correct?

There’s a post by @Kiwi about this. I’ve just chopped mine down to 32mb and it took nearly two minutes of my life to do it. Happy to help @mods 

Edited by Geek99
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Geek99 said:

There’s a post by @Kiwi about this. I’ve just chopped mine down to 32mb and it took nearly two minutes of my life to do it. Happy to help @mods 

Yeah. I did the same with a brew earlier - a lot of the threads I’ve posted in are like “no context bass addicts anonymous” but if it clears space…

9 minutes ago, Geek99 said:

Time to do it is not an issue nor the reason for asking…. I’m thinking more that it may make old posts and thread’s unreadable. So probably best to wait until the admin suggest a Course of action then I’ll go with that

thing is, we can put it up and we don't want old threads to go bad, but we needed to shed some space, the server physically stopped as it was out of space. 

I can put it back up a bit if it is causing a lot of issues, and hopefully we can get more space soon, and then it won't be an issue.

I was doing a bit of spring cleaning and I noticed that one picture was taking up 3.3MB and, like many others, was called "image.png". I assume that was one that I pasted in from the clipboard rather than dragging an image file in, as I use JPEGs. So I went to the original image, cropped it as I'd done before, saved it as a JPEG, deleted the original image from the post by removing the attachment in the editor, and dragged the shrunken JPEG in instead. That saved about 2.5MB.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, tauzero said:

I was doing a bit of spring cleaning and I noticed that one picture was taking up 3.3MB and, like many others, was called "image.png". I assume that was one that I pasted in from the clipboard rather than dragging an image file in, as I use JPEGs. So I went to the original image, cropped it as I'd done before, saved it as a JPEG, deleted the original image from the post by removing the attachment in the editor, and dragged the shrunken JPEG in instead. That saved about 2.5MB.

I noticed this too but to follow your suggestion for several images across multiple posts is not easy to do. If some sort of global conversion could be done in the back-end that would help a lot if that were possible. 

8 hours ago, tauzero said:

I nearly understood all of that 😁