Why become a member? ×

New Joe Dart Bass (EBMM JJ!)

acidbass

Hi all

Has anyone seen the latest Fearless Flyers video?

Joe seems to be playing an EBMM Dart Sig style bass with two white J pickups in the traditional positions with two white volume knobs.

Another sig model on the horizon perhaps?

When I saw the vid I thought it was his old copy bass.

Is it not?

EDIT - watching it on a big screen now.

Looks like a Sterling Body with J pickups. Presumably no tone as he prefers. Could be interesting - he played a Jazz for years before getting his signature.

I'm now wondering if the low video quality is to hide it a bit!

Edited by fretmeister

1 hour ago, Grimalkin said:

I can't wait for the EBMM Joe Dart Coffee Pot, Cup and Coaster set. It has Joe's smiling fizog emblazoned on each piece. Just like the EBMM Joe Dart Duvet cover and Pillow cases...

Joe Dart, what a tart.

Next you'll be saying that you'd turn it all down.

Its hard enough to make a living as a musician. Good luck to him.

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, fretmeister said:

Next you'll be saying that you'd turn it all down.

Its hard enough to make a living as a musician. Good luck to him.

I have changed my mind on an endorsement and returned the bass, not Warwick's fault, but that neck profile is not for me.

One of many points I like about Pino, is that he didn't splash his name on any old thing until much later in the game. And as far as I'm aware, that's just the Fender.

• Like 1

I have no idea what kind of deal Joe Dart has with Music Man but considering that every bass they put his name on sells out within a few days I hope his remuneration reflects the not inconsiderable revenue he's brought in for the company.

As for the Ray shaped Jazz I imagine it will be probably be a matter of when not if a limited run is made available and they'll be snapped up immediately too.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Linus27 said:

It does have a lovely tone. What's with the head movement thing though, it seems odd like its not normal or its some part of the act???

I think they may have recorded the video in reverse then inverted it.  Would be a pretty big undertaking but not impossible.  Some of the drumstick patterns look odd too.

20 hours ago, Grimalkin said:

I can't wait for the EBMM Joe Dart Coffee Pot, Cup and Coaster set. It has Joe's smiling fizog emblazoned on each piece. Just like the EBMM Joe Dart Duvet cover and Pillow cases...

Joe Dart, what a tart.

What about his playing though?

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Grimalkin said:

I have changed my mind on an endorsement and returned the bass, not Warwick's fault, but that neck profile is not for me.

One of many points I like about Pino, is that he didn't splash his name on any old thing until much later in the game. And as far as I'm aware, that's just the Fender.

So what else other than Musicman has Joe endorsed?

It's still only 1 company. 

Off topic I know but as much as I rate him as a player I can't bear to watch Joe Dart playing because of that head/neck thing. It's very petty but it really gets to me and actually makes me feel quite queasy. 

Don't get me started in David Gray's side to side head shake...

BTW the new bass looks great to me.

Edited by Old Horse Murphy

29 minutes ago, fretmeister said:

So what else other than Musicman has Joe endorsed?

It's still only 1 company. 

And what he's endorsing with that company is basically absurd bastardised StingRays, with the eq taken out. So now EBMM are trying to make their version of a Jazz bass...

“What the advertiser needs to know is not what is right about the product but what is wrong about the buyer.”

Neil Postman, Amusing Ourselves to Death: Public Discourse in the Age of Show Business.

I find it interesting that Ernie Ball are doing so many custom/signature instruments for Joe Dart, but wouldn't for some of their biggest users (Flea/Pino/Levin for example). 

They've obviously found a market though, judging by the sales of his other signature models. Ernie Ball will probably release this as a limited run of 50, and they will sell out to all the Vulfpeck fans.

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, Old Horse Murphy said:

Off topic I know but as much as I rate him as a player I can't bear to watch Joe Dart playing because of that head/neck thing. It's very petty but it really gets to me and actually makes me feel quite queasy. 

Don't get me started in David Gray's side to side head shake...

BTW the new bass looks great to me.

How do you feel about Pino's 'chicken' bob?