Why become a member? ×

Markbass Gloxy

Fishfacefour

And if that childish name isn't enough...

This new approach allows us to make the most of all the advantages of living in Italy, with our “Italian Style”, allowing our “Glocalisation” to win over globalisation. By “Glocalisation” I mean that we are able to make the most of our “Local” world, with the unique Italian lifestyle that’s envied throughout the world.

Seriously, what are they smoking over there?

• Haha 1

Is it possible that they'e Italian and the name doesnt sound bad over there ?  Just a thought before we hang draw and quarter the designer.

There's probably some basses in the English as first language countries that translate as  ' anal canal ' in Italy.   And then Italian bassists would be pointing the finger and saying  ' WTF ? '

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, fleabag said:

Is it possible that they'e Italian and the name doesnt sound bad over there ?  Just a thought before we hang draw and quarter the designer.

There's probably some basses in the English as first language countries that translate as  ' anal canal ' in Italy.   And then Italian bassists would be pointing the finger and saying  ' WTF ? '

A bit like Pschitt lemonade in France. Yes… before the pedants pile in… I know it’s onamatopoeic

• Haha 1

On 22/12/2021 at 09:45, jd56hawk said:

And if that childish name isn't enough...

This new approach allows us to make the most of all the advantages of living in Italy, with our “Italian Style”, allowing our “Glocalisation” to win over globalisation. By “Glocalisation” I mean that we are able to make the most of our “Local” world, with the unique Italian lifestyle that’s envied throughout the world.

Seriously, what are they smoking over there?

You joke, but I remember when MarkBass first came on the scene and I went to a shop that had just had one of the first big shipments. Chatting the guy behind the counter, I said how excited I was to try them after all the hype. He said “yeah they are great…..give one a sniff, they are fresh out of the box”. I laughed and did exactly that, they absolutely reeked of weed.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, NJE said:

You joke, but I remember when MarkBass first came on the scene and I went to a shop that had just had one of the first big shipments. Chatting the guy behind the counter, I said how excited I was to try them after all the hype. He said “yeah they are great…..give one a sniff, they are fresh out of the box”. I laughed and did exactly that, they absolutely reeked of weed.

Wow, they've been smoking all this time?