Why become a member? ×

Secondhand 3Leaf Audio Pedals

bassist_lewis

22 hours ago, Quatschmacher said:

There’s an Octabvre III here but note, it looks like it’s the one that sold on a Facebook group on Thursday for £220 with the recipient trying to flip it for £500!

https://reverb.com/uk/item/52045457-3leaf-audio-octavbre-mkiii-2020

@Onox, @danweb22, @SumOne, @iamtheelvy, @Owno

Listing ended 😐

15 hours ago, Quatschmacher said:

Wonder if someone bought it or if the seller rethought his strategy. 

Or the Damien Hurst school of economics - buy your own stuff for inflated prices to set a benchmark inflated value. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Quatschmacher said:

I could test your theory out by listing mine for £500 and seeing what happens. 

Worth a try!

I guess the flaw in buying your own things from ebay or Reverb to inflate the prices is that you'd need to pay seller fees. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
31 minutes ago, admiralchew said:

For those interested, there’s a Doom 2 on Reverb. UK based. No affiliation.

And gone! I’m not surprised. I never see them. Especially not with all of the letters. Mine has the awkward “We come to your Doom” lettering now.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, admiralchew said:

That’s great; I somehow didn’t know about Bass Bros so thanks!

Will the guy that I’ve dealt with is a lovely guy, great bass player and always ready to help any way he can. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hello... Earlier in this thread I mentioned I had the opportunity to buy a "Iron Either Xerograph Deluxe" & it had the latest design..... For myself it was more a  Synth  Based Pedal than an Envelope Follower' even tho it does both Very very well..  I stayed with my GR2. 

Question.. "Just which of Spencer Doren's 3 Leaf Pedals  are considered to be the most Coverted..????

8 hours ago, admiralchew said:

Not exactly on topic but, if high-quality boutique north-western US pedals are your thing, Iron Ether is taking pre-orders for the Xerograph Deluxe. Apologies to the mods if this is not the appropriate place and contravenes a rule.

I'm guessing they've all been sold already coz I can't find an option to buy one 😔

Yeah it's gone now.

Much as these guys need support, given how many pedal builders are just disappearing right now, paying up front for a pedal with a 4 month lead is a hell of a risk to take.  Yet people are clearly taking it...

• Sad 1

8 minutes ago, Kev said:

Yeah it's gone now.

Much as these guys need support, given how many pedal builders are just disappearing right now, paying up front for a pedal with a 4 month lead is a hell of a risk to take.  Yet people are clearly taking it...

Just pay by PayPal. Full refund if seller doesn't deliver. Job done and risk largely disappears.

Edited by Al Krow

9 minutes ago, Kev said:

Yeah it's gone now.

From the builder's perspective, they're taking a big risk to buy parts and spend time building without any certainty that they're going to sell. My understanding is that independent builders are working on pretty low profit margins, despite the price per unit, and from what I've heard/read that's the case across the board.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, bassist_lewis said:

From the builder's perspective, they're taking a big risk to buy parts and spend time building without any certainty that they're going to sell. My understanding is that independent builders are working on pretty low profit margins, despite the price per unit, and from what I've heard/read that's the case across the board.

They’re simply asking the buyers to fund the upfront costs because for some reason they have a cash flow problem. Once the parts are bought and the pedals are made they’ll sell alright. Pretty standard practice but I’m surprised an established builder needs to do that, although maybe it goes to show just how small the operation is. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Al Krow said:

Just pay by PayPal. Full refund if seller doesn't deliver. Job done and risk largely disappears.

After 4 months?  I thought the money back guarantee was shorter than that to be honest?

Even so, I don't understand why they need 4 months.  No cash flow issue as they have it all from the preorder sales, unless the cash is paying for something else... And thats the worry.

16 minutes ago, bassist_lewis said:

If you've followed Iron Ether over the past two years, any stock builds he puts up disappear. Instantly.  Even this preorder was gone in hours.  I can't see worrying about sales is the issue.  If he can't afford to buy parts in for a few pedals, it's a bit concerning isn't it? 🤷‍♂️

• Like 2