Why become a member? ×

Ironing Board

Pookus

Just by chance my wife had left the ironing board out. I needed to change the set up on one of my basses. Ironing board made a great set up table - right height and padded too. Marvelous. I might sell a load of ironing boards as guitar work benches (with suitable mark up) :)

That's rather cunning.

All you'd need to do is put some non-stick rubber on the top and you'd be sorted. Perhaps modify the top to make it square, and include some sort of adjustable cushioned rest for the headstock.

Sorted.

[quote name='josh3184' post='452186' date='Apr 2 2009, 10:15 AM']agreed, mine gets nervous very easily and sometimes spontaneously collapses. Not so bad when its just a shirt on there but a bass...? :rolleyes:[/quote]

Pretty much exactly like mine, although it did only cost £9 from Argos :)

[quote name='Stingray5' post='452080' date='Apr 1 2009, 10:47 PM']My ironing board rarely sees the light of day, basically 'cos I'm crap at ironing!
I think it will at least get that bit more use now - especially when it comes to the ol' 'steam' bass...!! :)[/quote]

Your the first person I've come across that's got a Tune 6 string. I had been looking for one up until 6 months ago. Fabulous bit of kit. Nice one.

[quote name='benwhiteuk' post='452647' date='Apr 2 2009, 06:38 PM']Pretty much exactly like mine, although it did only cost £9 from Argos :rolleyes:[/quote]
Wow, I didn't know Argos did such cheap basses - so how much was your ironing board!? hehe :)

[quote name='leschirons' post='452758' date='Apr 2 2009, 09:27 PM']Your the first person I've come across that's got a Tune 6 string. I had been looking for one up until 6 months ago. Fabulous bit of kit. Nice one.[/quote]
Yeh, they're certainly very nice. I posted some pics of it here (with some other stuff) if you've not seen them:
[url="http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=44373"]http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=44373[/url]

[quote name='Pookus' post='451985' date='Apr 1 2009, 09:54 PM']Just by chance my wife had left the ironing board out. I needed to change the set up on one of my basses. Ironing board made a great set up table - right height and padded too. Marvelous. I might sell a load of ironing boards as guitar work benches (with suitable mark up) :)[/quote]

Tried this out last night and it worked a treat. Ours even has a handy metal tray at one end for keeping screws in. Just managed to get it packed away before Mrs Deaver got home from work and had me sectioned for ironing my basses.

[quote name='Pookus' post='451985' date='Apr 1 2009, 09:54 PM']Just by chance my wife had left the ironing board out. I needed to change the set up on one of my basses. Ironing board made a great set up table - right height and padded too. Marvelous. I might sell a load of ironing boards as guitar work benches (with suitable mark up) :rolleyes:[/quote]

great idea...reminds me of the guy who was admitted to hospital with two burnt ears :)