Why become a member? ×

SOLD - Yamaha BB NE2 (VGC)
£2250
Bow - East London

Al Krow

Truly outstanding bass, in great condition, which has not been played as much as it deserves by me:

image.png.8a7f209e52879f4eb11565c8cb9e1f0e.png

image.thumb.png.43a5524d91c289cfb0102bc5692447d9.png

This model was built in February 2016 (with original paperwork available) and is in excellent condition.

5-Piece Neck Through design - The neck through design uses a 5-piece maple and mahogany neck sandwiched between the maple on alder body.

Contoured Body - Both the front and back of the bass body are contoured to provide players with a compact, well-fitting instrument that offers greater playing comfort.

Pickups - The stack type pickups are designed in collaboration with Nathan East. The Alnico V pickups include hum-cancelling coils.

Individual Bridge Pieces - The bridge consists of Individual bridge pieces that reduce interference from other string vibration delivering a purer tone.

Active Electronics - Active electronics include a special equalizer circuit based on Nathan East's "Magic Box." The circuit lets you cut off the selected mid frequency at the touch of a switch for precision sound tailoring.

Controls:

image.png.b2da927e25433484ed441314eb3ecf34.png

1 : Pickup Balancer

2 : Master Volume

3 : Bass

4 : Middle

5 : Treble

6 : Mid Cut Frequency (variable mid-sweep)

7 : Mid Cut On/Off Switch

Would prefer to meet up (within 75 mile radius of London or Birmingham) but would be prepared to arrange a courier if that is not possible.

Edited by Al Krow
Sold
  • Like 14

I’ve played this bass and it’s immensely powerful and in excellent condition. If I could get my head around the need for a 5 string I’d be interested myself!

I never thought you’d sell it @Al Krow. Top BC’er to so you can buy with confidence. 👍🏻

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, LukeFRC said:

😲 wow - are you sure you want to move on such a great bass?! 

Been a bit of journey! It is a fantastic bass and had top billing / definite keeper status in my herd for a long while and I remember having to wait 6 months before one came used up in white (made worse now by the fact that we no longer have the luxury of VAT free purchases from mainland Europe). But three subsequent additions to my herd mean that it's just not getting the use that justifies me holding onto it. But hopefully it will find its way into capable and appreciative hands. 

In terms of history this was originally bought new by our very own @TJ Spicer from Wunjos in London in 2016. I've had it for just over 3 years. I should have mentioned in my OP it weighs in at 10.1 lbs and comes with a mint Yamaha hard case.

Edited by Al Krow
  • Like 2

I played one of these at Bass Direct a couple of years ago. They’re extraordinary - pianistic and even from bottom to top, and a bass you can comfortably take to any gig in the world as you have the whole range of vintage to modern sounds. I’m not usually a massive fan of regular Yamaha basses (although even the cheapest ones are impeccably made and finished), but the high end Japanese models like the TRB-P II, the Patitucci and this bass stand with any luthier’s work. The new owner will be very lucky. GLWTS :)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Al Krow changed the title to SOLD - Yamaha BB NE2 (VGC)
  • MB1 locked this topic