Why become a member? ×

Jeeves, bring my nano-violin... (Morrissey content)

Rich

I thought the Zombie-Simpsons could do nothing right. It has been dreadfully unfunny, naff woke-preaching nonsense for a long time. Morrissey, however, is a nasty and talentless buffoon who needs to be sent up whenever the opportunity presents, so hats off to them getting something right. What really surprises me is that these days, The Simpsons seems to deify people like Morrissey rather than lampoon them, so I'm surprised they went for this angle. 

I always loved The Smiths but thought Morrisey was a bit of a tool. I really gave up on him when reading his autobiography. How many grudges can anyone hold for so long?

It was when he was whining on whilst living in LA having bought a house that I think belonged to Clarke Gable or some other silver screen mega star that I just didn’t want to hear anymore from him.

Edited by tegs07
  • Like 2

I never liked the smiths at the time though looking back I appreciate their guitar and bass. But Johnny Marr is touring and writing, and he does old smiths songs without the morissey so that is good enough.

I must say the biggest surprise when this story came out was 'the Simpsons is still going?!'