Jump to content
yorks5stringer

Won't Get Fooled Again?

Recommended Posts

Looks like that went about as well as dying before he got old.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ever since I was a young boy, I've played the silver ball

From Soho down to Brighton, I must've played 'em all

But I ain't seen nothin' like him in any amusement hall

That deaf, dumb, and blind kid sure doesn’t understand the complexities of possible multiple visas or work permits when travelling and performing in Europe which some industry experts say will be expensive and potentially prohibitive - especially for musicians at the start of their careers.

Edited by Frank Blank
  • Like 3
  • Haha 10

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There was a video of Daltrey shared by JOB on Twitter. He quite clearly has or had absolutely no idea whatsoever about how the modern creative arts industry works. He came across as a totally arrogant fool. I never liked his music anyway.

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Frank Blank said:

Ever since I was a young boy, I've played the silver ball

From Soho down to Brighton, I must've played 'em all

But I ain't seen nothin' like him in any amusement hall

That deaf, dumb, and blind kid sure doesn’t understand the complexities of possible multiple visas or work permits when travelling and performing in Europe which some industry experts say will be expensive and potentially prohibitive - especially for musicians at the start of their careers.

It seems that Daltrey has become the person who is trying to put us down and stop us getting around. Given the lyrics of "Substitute", of course, geography wasn't really his thing.

I don't want to see noted vocalists getting into questions of government they don't understand, for the same reason I don't want to watch senior politicians trying to dance. It's always clumsy, their timing always stinks, you always respect them less, and it's always a moment that haunts them forever.

  • Like 6
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Pseudonym said:

Given the lyrics of "Substitute", of course, geography wasn't really his thing.

It's entirely possible for the north side of town to face east, and the east side to face south, isn't it? 

But, the simple things Daltrey sees are definitely all complicated, he doesn't look that young and he is backdated, yeah. 

Substitute (TM for BJ), your lies for fact, unfortunately you didn't see right through their plastic mac. 

 

Oh Roger, whatever happened? 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Whilst him being shown to be an utter hypocrite is funny. It’s also distracting from the point, that this farce that’s been foisted on an already struggling creative industry, is anything but funny. It was dismissed in parliament two days ago. We can’t give up though, and need to keep campaigning - hopefully until this whole dark and utterly pointless project has been reversed - but at least until those working in the creative industry are able to carry on working unhindered across borders, as they have for the last twenty or more years.

Edited by ambient
  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, ambient said:

...We can’t give up though, and need to keep campaigning...

But why, though..? Notwithstanding the rights or wrongs of the issue, surely there comes a point whereby one has to accept that it's a Fact of Life, like it or not, and move on..? I'm not suggesting that the cause is not just; merely that, maybe, it's a Lost Cause, and energy expended towards it is energy wasted. A darned shame, but such is Life, no..? :/

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Dad3353 said:

But why, though..? Notwithstanding the rights or wrongs of the issue, surely there comes a point whereby one has to accept that it's a Fact of Life, like it or not, and move on..? I'm not suggesting that the cause is not just; merely that, maybe, it's a Lost Cause, and energy expended towards it is energy wasted. A darned shame, but such is Life, no..? :/

Not sure history is on your side: Women's Suffrage, Black Suffrage,...... School Meals?

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Dad3353 said:

But why, though..? Notwithstanding the rights or wrongs of the issue, surely there comes a point whereby one has to accept that it's a Fact of Life, like it or not, and move on..? I'm not suggesting that the cause is not just; merely that, maybe, it's a Lost Cause, and energy expended towards it is energy wasted. A darned shame, but such is Life, no..? :/

That is very easy to say when you have visa-free access to the whole of the EU should you want to gig more than 50 miles away from your home.

 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, yorks5stringer said:

Not sure history is on your side: Women's Suffrage, Black Suffrage,...... School Meals?

We'll come back to the issue in a century or so, then, for a progress report. :|

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Dad3353 said:

But why, though..? Notwithstanding the rights or wrongs of the issue, surely there comes a point whereby one has to accept that it's a Fact of Life, like it or not, and move on..? I'm not suggesting that the cause is not just; merely that, maybe, it's a Lost Cause, and energy expended towards it is energy wasted. A darned shame, but such is Life, no..? :/

Why? Basically because it’s how the creative arts industry has set itself up to work in the 21st century. It’s very much a DIY scene. Be it music - not just bands either, but also orchestras, composers, DJs, producers, tour personnel - including roadies, lighting, sound, trucking, there’s also theatre, dance and TV production. It’s also a fantastic and highly rewarding experience. For many it’s an important revenue stream. 

Edited by ambient
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, BigRedX said:

That is very easy to say when you have visa-free access to the whole of the EU should you want to gig more than 50 miles away from your home.

 

It's just as easy to say when living in North Wales, or Sunderland. I'm not considering my own situation; I'm well past international gigs now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, BigRedX said:

That is very easy to say when you have visa-free access to the whole of the EU should you want to gig more than 50 miles away from your home.

 

Yes, the only live original rendition of 'Lost in France ' you'll get will be when your Satnav loses signal...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, ambient said:

Why? Basically because it’s how the creative arts industry has set itself up to work in the 21st century. It’s very much a DIY scene. Be it music - not just bands either, but also orchestras, composers, DJs, producers, tour personnel including roadies, lighting, sound, trucking, there’s also theatre, dance andTV. It’s also a fantastic and highly rewarding experience. For many it’s an important revenue stream. 

Yes, I understand the issue, but if it's done and dusted, what needs doing to get it changed, and will that happen..? If it's not going to change, when does one accept that fact, if at all..?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Dad3353 said:

We'll come back to the issue in a century or so, then, for a progress report. :|

I meant free school meals, not the birth of them, which was in Bradford incidentally.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, yorks5stringer said:

Yes, the only live original rendition of 'Lost in France ' you'll get will be when your Satnav loses signal...

SatNav..? SatNav..? What is this strange turn of speech, young Padawan..? :scratch_one-s_head:

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Dad3353 said:

SatNav..? SatNav..? What is this strange turn of speech, young Padawan..? :scratch_one-s_head:

Come back in a century or so...touche?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, yorks5stringer said:

I meant free school meals, not the birth of them, which was in Bradford incidentally.

Yes, and a small bottle of school milk, whist we're campaigning..? Who's stupid idea was it to stop that..? When is that coming back..? :/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Dad3353 said:

Yes, and a small bottle of school milk, whist we're campaigning..? Who's stupid idea was it to stop that..? When is that coming back..? :/

Free school milk is still available.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, BigRedX said:

Free school milk is still available.

Yay..! Another win for The People. Now then, Freedom of Movement... That should be a doddle in comparison. :lol:

Edited by Dad3353

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Mmm, a tiny bottle of full fat milk that had sat in the sun for a couple of hours. 

How to turn someone off of milk for life, lesson one. 

Edited by Maude
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...