Why become a member? ×

Vintage Fenders

Reggaebass

19 hours ago, ossyrocks said:

‘75 with a tort guard? 

From my understanding late 73 was when they started changing from tort to black and both were around in 74 , with most of the black guards having the thumb rest E side, haven’t seen a 75 myself , I suppose it’s possible there was still a few lurking around 

Edited by Reggaebass
  • Like 2

Ooooh this is nice! Mike Long at ATB Guitars has just posted this on Facebook. '64 Jazz, Olympic White with matching headstock. My dream Jazz right there.

For anyone interested (I'm not, it's waaaaay out of my price range) Mike is great to deal with. I bought my '73 P Bass from him.

Drool.....

https://www.atbguitars.com/1964-fender-jazz-bass-olympic-white-near-mint-ohsc

dsc00475.webp

• Like 5

5 hours ago, ossyrocks said:

Ooooh this is nice! Mike Long at ATB Guitars has just posted this on Facebook. '64 Jazz, Olympic White with matching headstock. My dream Jazz right there.

For anyone interested (I'm not, it's waaaaay out of my price range) Mike is great to deal with. I bought my '73 P Bass from him.

Drool.....

dsc00475.webp

It looks immaculate and I’m sure there is almost nobody on this thread that would not give it house room were the euro millions roll over to come their way.

If it’s any consolation to anyone not in a position to partake, we can make ourselves feel better by surmising the only reason it’s in such good condition is because it’s so bad to play it has remained in the case for the last 59 years.

No, that’s not working for me either.

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, ossyrocks said:

Drool.....

dsc00475.webp

Nice, but too much overpriced for me............!

• Like 1

A question for our resident vintage fender experts please.  Does anyone know what years Fender changed the knobs on their Jazzes from the 'standard' type ones to the strat knobs?  Seems to be late 70's/early 80's looking at online pictures but does anyone know definitive years at all?

• 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, SurroundedByManatees said:

Found this beauty in the mail today:

IMG_20240108_161335.thumb.jpg.7d0404ab7f5c7b8d937391ac98dab35d.jpg

I’ve never had a Mustang, everything about that looks great, especially the matching headstock and stripe on the body, congrats 

• Thanks 1

Looks like a beauty! I've seen some of those pink tinted scratch plates before, were they produced in that colour or is it something about the way it's aged and possibly reacted to the environment? Interested as my '66 has gone a creamy colour instead, so maybe it's something to do with the different finish or material

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Sparky Mark said:

Looks wrong. I've never seen that decal before. This is a 64L

Screenshot_20240110_181244_Gallery.thumb.jpg.c0b7ff9060daa57de8870e8840b42501.jpg

That’s the one I’ve always known, the other one is very strange, but I just found it interesting that it’s a logo I’ve never seen before on anything 

3 hours ago, Reggaebass said:

Anyone ever seen a logo like this on a 65 L serial number Jazz , I’ve never seen it before 

IMG_0785.jpeg

That's because it has nothing to do with a Fender logo. Every single thing about it is wrong. The font, the spacing, the place on the headstock, everything.

• Like 2