Why become a member? ×

What type of band do you play in?

Linus27

I play in this band:
[url="http://www.last.fm/music/Sad+Lovers+and+Giants"]http://www.last.fm/music/Sad+Lovers+and+Giants[/url] as in my sig.

We're a genuine 80s originals band with many album releases.

The tag cloud at last.fm describes us thus:

[quote]80s acts i wish i had heard sooner alternative amnesia bookmark british check later check out classic cold wave dark dark wave darkwave deep purple school dream dream pop dusk fluent folk goth goth rock gothic gothic rock hups indie indie rock intrest2 jangle pop listen to this more melancholic morose music for slow mornings my vinyl artists neo psyche new wave new wave post-punk goth new-wave nwonw pop post punk post-punk postpunk psychedelia psychedelic psycho punk rock romanticist somewhat redeems the eighties symphonic that sound the cure to check out top totec radio uk uk rock underrated wanted wave wave and friends
T[/quote]

I do so hate being pigeon holed!

[list=1]
[*][url="http://www.soul-destroyers.co.uk/"]Soul Destroyers[/url] - covers. Huge party band with big horns and stuff. A mixture of soul, pop and stupidity. A bit like the Commitments, only much [i]much[/i] sillier.
[*][url="http://tambatoga.com/default.aspx"]Tamba[/url] - covers. Soul/funk/rockydiva stuff. Bbbbbbbig voice.
[*][url="http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewProfile&friendID=333264292"]Full Circle[/url] - originals. Unashamedly self-indulgent proggy fusion oddness in bizarre time signatures.
[/list]

Covers band, playing Pubs and Private Functions (weddings when we have to!!!) - Uncle Jack. Trying to make step up from pubs to more corporate/private work. Keen to get on to the Armed Services Circuit, first attempt in July.

May be looking for a second band if I lose me job which could be a distinct possiblity.

i play in the Quireboys www.myspace.com/thequireboys
2 originals bands 1 is www.myspace.com/ravenvandelle the other dosnt have a name etc,very early stages.

2 tribute bands...1 function band...and i do alot of dep work in europe..and studio work here and there...

but will play with anyone! just love playing!

[quote name='farmer61' post='432429' date='Mar 12 2009, 02:07 PM']....Keen to get on to the Armed Services Circuit....[/quote]
I did 2 Army gigs a few years ago and it was the worst experience. The officers were arrogant twats (how dare you tell my wife you can't play her request) and the em's were drunken oykes (just plain belligerent and aggressive)! On the other hand, on several "tours" of American basses in Germany, the Yanks were polite, friendly and enthusiastic music fans.

Edited by chris_b

[quote name='jimijimmi' post='432437' date='Mar 12 2009, 02:14 PM']i play in the Quireboys www.myspace.com/thequireboys[/quote]
MySpace is blocked here in my day job office...

Would that be the same Quireboys that had a #2 UK album entitled “A Bit of What You Fancy” in the 80s?

[quote name='chris_b' post='432438' date='Mar 12 2009, 02:15 PM']I did 2 Army gigs a few years ago and it was the worst experience. The officers were arrogant twats (how dare you tell my wife you can't play her request) and the em's were drunken oykes (just plain belligerent and aggressive)! On the other hand, on several "tours" of American basses in Germany, the Yanks were polite, friendly and enthusiastic music fans.[/quote]

Sounds like every gig for us..haha..we've got a Naval Gig in July and we've been asked to do a second, but we're going to see how the first one goes before deciding if this is really the direction for us.

[quote name='jimijimmi' post='432437' date='Mar 12 2009, 02:14 PM']i play in the Quireboys www.myspace.com/thequireboys
2 originals bands 1 is www.myspace.com/ravenvandelle the other dosnt have a name etc,very early stages.

2 tribute bands...1 function band...and i do alot of dep work in europe..and studio work here and there...

but will play with anyone! just love playing![/quote]

I have to ask mate, did the bloke off Flog It play drums for the Quireboys at any point? Or is it just another Bob Holness tyle rumour?

P.

[quote name='paul h' post='432452' date='Mar 12 2009, 02:26 PM']I have to ask mate, did the bloke off Flog It play drums for the Quireboys at any point? Or is it just another Bob Holness tyle rumour?[/quote]
Bob Holness was in the Quireboys?

Edited by Eight