Why become a member? ×

marlowedk's youtube account suspended!

bumfrog

[quote name='Crazykiwi' post='431262' date='Mar 11 2009, 09:13 AM']I think it has been posted elsewhere. We have a fair bit of spare space on the BC server so it might be worth Phatmonkey dropping him a line and seeing what the score is.[/quote]
Thats a nice idea, I wonder if it could be extended (with permission) to a wider pool of players?

[quote name='Musky' post='431274' date='Mar 11 2009, 09:43 AM']It's a great idea. But might there not be some bandwidth issues if he's as popular as it seems?[/quote]
Phatmonkey owns the server, not BC but I'm pretty sure there's some spare capacity. How much though, I couldn't say. I've dropped Thomas an email and we'll see what he thinks.

At this rate the only thing we'll get to see on youTube is corporate-approved music and idiots setting their bodily hair on fire. Admittedly it can be funny but of absolutely no use to people like us who are looking to learn a quick bass chop or ogle at some unnecessarily flash playing.

Hope Marlowe can get back up and running soon!

Oh that just takes the biscuit.

His was one of the best free learnig tools on the web.

I defy those corporate @55hats to find one musician involved in any way with any one of the songs he did a play along to who was in remotely upset that he was posting. Most of the stuff he covered was pretty old and he was doing it for free.

The fact that that would allow more people to cover those songs, and by dint of that get more PRS royalties from live venues to the artists in question should be enough IMO. Neveer mind the direct and indirect free advertising. They should be paying him!!

Sometimes this copyright business is insane.

Corporate multimedia appears to always be.

Totally wrongheaded behaviour by some soulless beancounter scum.

Thats ruined my day :)

That's just rubbish!

How can they possibly claim that a vid of a guy playing bass over an original song is bloody infringement of copyright!

As i mentioned on another thread, I have to deal with this lot from a business perspective & if they removed their collective heads from their arses then they'd find a way to 'monetize' YouTube a bit more efficiently & not have to bugger about like this - grrrrr