Why become a member? ×

Do you own the cheapest bass on Basschat?

Bassassin

[quote name='Bassassin' post='427982' date='Mar 7 2009, 01:17 PM']At one point it was - the smell of fish is a dead giveaway.

J.[/quote]

:) the control layout/the switch cap gave it away, i used to have the p/hum version. £20 off ebay.

The jam session I go to has a Marlin PJ like that as the beater bass - er well not exactly like that I think that's the custom version - and it's a fine instrument and sounds really good in some hands.
Cherish and treasure it :)

Anyway I think this should competition should really be for the "cheapest functional bass"

Edited by OldGit

[quote name='OldGit' post='428012' date='Mar 7 2009, 02:08 PM']The jam session I go to has a Marlin PJ like that as the beater bass - er well not exactly like that I think that's the custom version - and it's a fine instrument and sounds really good in some hands.
Cherish and treasure it :)

Anyway I think this should competition should really be for the "cheapest functional bass"[/quote]
This was it after a hose down with Dettol & a set of strings:

Plays OK, sounds pretty decent too. Really nice shaped neck on this, when I get a minute or two I'm going to experiment with a bit of fret levelling/crowning & then spray it matt black. RatBass!

J.

^no chance mate. Full size jazz bass copy brand new, £65.

[quote name='Bassassin' post='428051' date='Mar 7 2009, 03:42 PM']This was it after a hose down with Dettol & a set of strings:

Plays OK, sounds pretty decent too. Really nice shaped neck on this, when I get a minute or two I'm going to experiment with a bit of fret levelling/crowning & then spray it matt black. RatBass!

J.[/quote]

That's one cheap ratbass. Unlike mine, which cost hundreds :)

Edited by EdwardHimself

[quote name='Bassassin' post='428051' date='Mar 7 2009, 03:42 PM']This was it after a hose down with Dettol & a set of strings:

J.[/quote]

Don't refinish it, looks "good" as it is :)

[quote name='Protium' post='428081' date='Mar 7 2009, 04:17 PM']Don't refinish it, looks "good" as it is :)[/quote]

[quote name='OldGit' post='428085' date='Mar 7 2009, 04:26 PM']+1
I like that[/quote]

Make us an offer, then... :rolleyes:

J.

[quote name='Bassassin' post='428113' date='Mar 7 2009, 05:21 PM']Make us an offer, then... :)

J.[/quote]
If it weren't the fact that his bass collection has expanded recently I reckon a certain Mr Punkdude would be PM'ing you about that bass!

PS +1 for keeping it like that - it rocks!

[quote name='Clarky' post='428122' date='Mar 7 2009, 05:31 PM']If it weren't the fact that his bass collection has expanded recently I reckon a certain Mr Punkdude would be PM'ing you about that bass!

PS +1 for keeping it like that - it rocks![/quote]

Indeed I would, my next bass will be VERY pricey but it won't be for a while.

The BC community 5 string cost me £10.

[quote name='neepheid' post='428187' date='Mar 7 2009, 07:49 PM']I picked this up for a fiver:

Any idea what it is/was? Captain Japcrap? Anyone?

Someone made a right arse of putting in block inlays to it so I thought I'd dig that out and make it maple where a marker ought to be.[/quote]

You should have used it to club the seller to death with....just in case he ever gets his hands on a real bass.