Why become a member? ×

Do you own the cheapest bass on Basschat?

Bassassin

[quote name='OldGit' post='428439' date='Mar 8 2009, 10:36 AM']An offer eh?
How about £6 to cover the dettol?[/quote]
If you don't mind me pulling the classic Ebay £65 postage stunt, we might have a deal! :rolleyes:

Neepheid - I'll get back to you on your £5 "thing" - it does look familiar but I've had 4hrs sleep after last night's gig & am not focussing well... :)

J.

[quote name='Bassassin' post='428446' date='Mar 8 2009, 10:43 AM']Neepheid - I'll get back to you on your £5 "thing" - it does look familiar but I've had 4hrs sleep after last night's gig & am not focussing well... :)[/quote]
Related to this, I'd say:

[url="http://www.ibanez.co.jp/anniversary/335/2.jpg"]http://www.ibanez.co.jp/anniversary/335/2.jpg[/url]

I'm not suggesting it's a vintage Ibanez [i]per se[/i] - but it's a relative, and probably made in the same factory, which at that time (very early 60s) was probably Tokyo Sound. I can't quite tell from the pics but does it have screw holes for the top scratchplate part, and is the pickup working?

A real shame what's been done to the neck. I think if it was mine I'd maybe just use the body & pup (if it works) as the basis of a project, with a different neck.

J.

[quote name='Bassassin' post='428446' date='Mar 8 2009, 10:43 AM']If you don't mind me pulling the classic Ebay £65 postage stunt, we might have a deal! :)[/quote]

No need. I can get to "behind my sofa" easily to pick it up ...
Are my wife's house keys and the cable remote there with you?