Why become a member? ×

Rammstein

PURPOLARIS

I've been asked to join a Rammstein tribute band which I've accepted. I currently play (and will still play) in an originals band but thought I'd try this out for a bit of a change of genre. Does anyone know much about them and if so, how do you think a Rammstein tribute band would do. I'm not really sure of their following in the UK. The singer sings in German which is a good start and both guitarists know their stuff as well as the keys player so I'm fairly confident it will work out.

[quote name='PURPOLARIS' post='409649' date='Feb 14 2009, 07:38 PM']I've been asked to join a Rammstein tribute band which I've accepted. I currently play (and will still play) in an originals band but thought I'd try this out for a bit of a change of genre. Does anyone know much about them and if so, how do you think a Rammstein tribute band would do. I'm not really sure of their following in the UK. The singer sings in German which is a good start and both guitarists know their stuff as well as the keys player so I'm fairly confident it will work out.[/quote]

I quite like them. As you mentioned, I'm not sure either about their following here. Could be a bit of fun though, what's the worst that can happen?

P

[quote name='PURPOLARIS' post='409661' date='Feb 14 2009, 07:49 PM']Some songs are drop tuned to C. Even though they're metal, the songs are quite mellodic. I really like them.[/quote]

I quite like them and have seen them live. I felt like my eyebrows were being singed and I was about 100m away by the sound desk when the flamethrowers were on. God knows if they have a big enough following?

I tried 5 songs today at the audition. Sonne, Du hast, Links 2-3-4, Bestrafe Mich and Mein Herz Brennt. They all went down quite well once I got used to playing with the band. I was only introduced to the songs this week so I was quite pleased how it all went. The guitarist is going to send me a list of a few more songs, seemann being one of them.

[quote name='Starvolt' post='409686' date='Feb 14 2009, 08:25 PM']Rammstein ist gut, ja?

Yeah, I do like a bit of Rammstein...

Any particular songs you're planning on doing then?[/quote]

[quote name='PURPOLARIS' post='409690' date='Feb 14 2009, 08:34 PM']I tried 5 songs today at the audition. Sonne, Du hast, Links 2-3-4, Bestrafe Mich and Mein Herz Brennt. They all went down quite well once I got used to playing with the band. I was only introduced to the songs this week so I was quite pleased how it all went. The guitarist is going to send me a list of a few more songs, seemann being one of them.[/quote]

Hmm if i'm not mistaken, at least 4/5 of those songs are from the "mutter" album. I'm not surprised, it is easily the most famous of all their work.

I've got 2 of the albums on my PC aswell as a couple of songs of the mutter album. Very good band i reckon.

Hope you have a good budget aside for fireworks n stuff!!

Def lots of drop tuning. I like the fact there are very few lead solos and the drummer plays some fantastically different stuff for an industrial metal? band.

Lots of good songs to choose from, how about Du Reicht So Gut, or Asche Zu Asche and Amerika.

Could be really good fun there, good luck. Oh I hope you like dressing up in some rather dubious leather gear too :P ;)

PS I haven't checked the German spelling, but you'll get the jist!

They haven't done anything for 3+ years,altho' they're supposed to be releasing
a new album in the autumn. They don't get much press coverage over here.
Saw them at London Brixton Academy last time. The smell of parrafin,and heat were memorable.(I was in the balcony)
Plus of course......THE FIRE!! :P When they do come here again it will be sold out in minutes. ;)

Hope the band goes well

Edited by RAY AGAINST THE MACHINE

LOL, Been on here for over a year, and i never look at this part of the Forum, First time i do....i see this!

As you can guess from my name, BIT of a fan lol.

Tips for REALLY good Rammstein songs to learn and NAIL (BASS WISE) are:

Seemann (Listen to Live Aus Berlin for great version)
Asche zu Asche (Listen to Live Aus Berlin for great version)
Zwitter
Adios
Moskau (listen to Völkerball for great version)
Morgenstern (listen to Völkerball for great version)
Engel

Overall, Rammstein arnt overall complicated to play on bass with exeption to Seemann and Asche.

In regards to Live shows, i think there is DEFINATLY a market for it in the UK, as Rammstein dont play these parts much.

The BEST Rammstein Tribute i know are a band called FeuerEngel (www.feuerengel.de) They go ALL out, and i think to be a successful Rammstein Tribute you really do need the use of Pyros as that IS Rammstein. If you was to do a Metallica Tribute, you would just need to get the songs nailed and get the attitude in place, however, because Rammstein are a LIVE BAND, (very much like Kiss), theyre MUCH harder pull off, and therefore you would need the Pyro's, Outfits, Staging, Lighting etc etc etc etc etc......

Rammstein are MUCH more than just a band who play songs off of the albums.....Theyre Kiss without the Make Up - They are a Show.

Good Luck!

Cheers,

Darby.

Do like Moskau. The Volkerball version is pretty awesome, though there could have been more Pyroness...

Du Hast would be good to do

Keine Lust is probabally one of my favourite, found the video yesterday, which is hillarious...

Ich Will
Mein Teil, though that is a really messed up song (what it's about that is)
Links 2, 3, 4

You've really gotta go all out on the performances! Pyros, stage set-ups, costumes. The lot!

If it all goes well and you end up around the midlands, I'll come and see you!

I love them. They avoid two of the common pitfalls of metal that have always put me off - widdly guitar solos and macho lyrics. I guess some of their lyrics might be crass but I wouldn't know! The translations I've seen have been pretty interesting, intelligent stuff indeed.

I spent an hour and a half on a coach in Norway last week and the Reise, Reise and Mutter albums on the ipod perfectly matched the scenery :-)

Top tune: Moskau.

Check out the video (and background story) for Mein Teil on Youtube.