Chaos Daveo

Sold, Please remove.
£500
Stoke On Trent

Posted (edited)

Hello Bass Brothers and Sisters,

Please find for sale this wonderful Sandberg Basic 4, don't let the name fool you, it's anything but..

It growls, is both active and passive and plays like a dream, its been gigged but well looked after serviced Rich Stubbs who's a fine tech in the local area of Stoke where it is currently living.

I'm up for a swap to a high quality P with a maple neck, whichever way we trade you will have to come to me as i don't drive, I wont ship and cash is king, sorry but I want it to go to a good home. I realise that sounds daft but its served me well and yes I'm that picky.

The original hardware was silver and the pick guard was white, these have all been replaced with Sandberg official parts in black and it looks spot on in my humble opinion.I can dig out the original parts as part of the sale of course, the bass will also come with the hardcase pictured.

The pros; it plays superbly and will never let you down, prepare to intimidate the living crap out of your drummer (don't pretend you don't want to) and also has a ridiculously fast neck ..

The cons; the battery cover lid is broken, notorious with these I've replaced it twice in the end I gave up and electrical tape does the job just fine. There is also a nail mark above the pick up, strangely shaped like mine and the e off the Sandberg logo is missing (it fell off) I left replacing it as it seemed more rock n roll ..these points however are clearly visible in the photo's

Thank you for looking and have an epic day..

You need it.

1046817600_Sand2.thumb.jpg.35880b5844eebd8b6f07ee8f04f5110b.jpgSand1.thumb.jpg.979d0324394bba12e1bd1d126f905eb3.jpgsand3.thumb.jpg.aa44fb7abeeb3e95838716c88e905cef.jpgsand4.thumb.jpg.21fbe55837c21106c0f560cbcd8baf8a.jpgsand5.thumb.jpg.310b6cfe85b16665ac4d5f4bd11ed0f9.jpgSand6.thumb.jpg.85a38fab73139802b414f5c1e24895d3.jpg

Edited by Chaos Daveo
  • Like 5

26 minutes ago, tobiewharton said:

Ridiculously good value. 

Glwts

Agreed 100%

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, CameronJ said:

Agreed 100%

Thankyou, I wanted to price it reasonably and fairly. 

Edited by Chaos Daveo

These are great basses. I have had one before and can vouch for that. The necks are brilliant and the range of tones is surprising considering the single pickup. They should change the name of these instruments as they are anything but "Basic".

Good luck with the sale.

• Like 1

Yes agreed, I've had two Sandbergs and they are great. This is a great price too

GLWTS

• Like 1

On 13/03/2020 at 17:45, petergales said:

These are great basses. I have had one before and can vouch for that. The necks are brilliant and the range of tones is surprising considering the single pickup. They should change the name of these instruments as they are anything but "Basic".

Good luck with the sale.

Its been called a basic after the collaboration with cort and the sandberg made cort arona that is identical too these. Great basses !!!!

• Like 1

On 19/03/2020 at 12:16, Bassbandit said:

Its been called a basic after the collaboration with cort and the sandberg made cort arona that is identical too these. Great basses !!!!

I had no idea that was the case... 

19 minutes ago, Bassman666 said:

Crazy price for any Sandberg, wish I could justify it. Have a free bump! 

Cheers. 👍

Hey, I'm interested in this bass but wouldn't be able to travel to Stoke to collect until lockdown is over. Just registering my interest!

• Like 1

Any interest in a trade for an Ibanez six string I have up for sale?

On 19/03/2020 at 12:16, Bassbandit said:

I thought the Basic was out way before the Arona, which has a different pickup configuration and body shape?

Basics are great, love mine!

• Like 1

I have only ever played one Sandberg, a Panther Custom, but it was so good I bought it on the spot!

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Brightside said:

Hey, I'm interested in this bass but wouldn't be able to travel to Stoke to collect until lockdown is over. Just registering my interest!

That's sound and understandable, thanks for the interest. 

Edited by Chaos Daveo

2 hours ago, FinnDave said:

Any interest in a trade for an Ibanez six string I have up for sale?

Thanks for the offer but I struggle playing four strings... 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Chaos Daveo said:

Thanks for the offer but I struggle playing four strings... 

No problem, I didn't really get on with six, hence the sale.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, petetexas said:

Hi , would you post in UK ?

Not really, I don't want to risk damage. I've had bad experiences in the past, which id rather not repeat.. 

Edited by Chaos Daveo